Hopefully the right place for a suggestion to help new modders

Vevaren

I couldn't see anywhere else to post this, so i'm hoping a member of the team picks this up and i'm not in violation of the forum, but -

Is there any chance we could have something added to the Vortex download page, about it including LOOT, and not to use LOOT in conjunction with it?

Running that while having rules set in Vortex can indeed break your current game mods (the rule system and sorting in Vortex is much better and easier to use than opening loot every 1-2 mods, and while sometimes they can avoid creating problems between the two of them, at over 600 mods they're going to cause problems), and I've came across a lot of people in their early days of modding (myself included a few weeks back) just think it would solve a few issues before they arise.

Guest deleted34304850

the setting you want is AUTOSORT.

with that enabled, vortex invokes LOOT to perform sort operations. If it's disabled, Vortex doesn't do anything and you can use LOOT (if you wish).

The only problem I have with that is that Vortex LOOT still doesn't have the full functionality of stand alone LOOT. They really should be on par with each other. So, I still find myself running external LOOT (to auto generate BASH tags, for example) and then having to rerun in Vortex to get things back in the same order (only because I have some custom rules in Vortex LOOT and I never bothered to add them to external LOOT).

The only problem I have with that is that Vortex LOOT still doesn't have the full functionality of stand alone LOOT. They really should be on par with each other. So, I still find myself running external LOOT (to auto generate BASH tags, for example) and then having to rerun in Vortex to get things back in the same order (only because I have some custom rules in Vortex LOOT and I never bothered to add them to external LOOT).

Are there any other features you consider to be missing from Vortex LOOT? We've already discussed the tags thing and it seems that Wryebash could benefit from integrating LOOT itself or Vortex could update plugins descriptions with the tags. Either way would "fix" it.

I think it depends on the degree of control you want to give users. The other thing that you can do in stand alone LOOT is edit other meta data besides load order. To me that, is not as important as the BASH tags generation. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I had a question about Vortex and Bash Tags. Is there any possibility to add custom bash tags to Vortex? I see LOOT has the possibility but i only use loot inside vortex to do the initial load order then change it up to my needs.

So how would i go about this if i wanted to add a custom bash tag for a new mod? do i need to edit the masterlist.yaml to add new Tags to a custom mod section?(in vortex or do i add it in LOOT and Vortex overtake the changes?)

I did not know where else to put this and did not want to create a new thread.

thx in advance

Hey Guys,

I had a question about Vortex and Bash Tags. Is there any possibility to add custom bash tags to Vortex? I see LOOT has the possibility but i only use loot inside vortex to do the initial load order then change it up to my needs.

So how would i go about this if i wanted to add a custom bash tag for a new mod? do i need to edit the masterlist.yaml to add new Tags to a custom mod section?(in vortex or do i add it in LOOT and Vortex overtake the changes?)

I did not know where else to put this and did not want to create a new thread.

thx in advance

You add WryeBash as a tool in Vortex, and once your load order is all sorted and proper by Vortex, you load up Wryebash and add your tags, and then have it make a bashed patch for you.

DO NOT use Standalone LOOT with Vortex, it's already built in.