Is Our Confidence Waning?

Fkemman11

Been searching for something I lost this last year or so. The problem is I couldn't figure out what "it" was. Turns out it was my confidence all along. Not just my confidence in myself or abilities, but confidence in the people and world around me. For instance I still know I can do certain personal things well, whereas with too many other things to list I am constantly second guessing myself where I never did before. Am I imagining things or am I not alone? Has everyone lost their confidence?

I don't know if your confidence is a matter of debate but I've heard that if you get in a fight, talk to a girl and save vadim from kidnappers you can get your confidence back

Sure, in a Fallout world that's the formula for a fix I suppose. RW there's problems with that scenario from multiple angles and many, many people will tell you so loudly. I pity anyone creating anything anymore since it's impossible to predict/gauge public reaction. Once upon a time Hollywood made Westerns and everybody liked them.

Didn't you get your rations with the medicine that includes a 24 day supply of beer and lot of chewing tobacco to keep your innards worm free?

In the event of an all out atomic war, or a pandemic like the Covid-19 virus, remember your Fallout 4 manual for survival; because in the event you survive, it may be up to you to restore the world. Remember: You should always remember to study and practice what you need to do daily.

Strength

Perception

Endurance

Charisma

Intelligence

Agility

LUCK

Or you, likely, wouldn't keep hanging around and have become glued to a bar stool sucking down embalming fluid at the mortuary!

Because you are; S.P.E.C.I.A.L..

Bro, I could totally live in a Fallout world. I actually like sifting through the skeletons of a totally decadent and backwards society that destroyed itself. I don't even feel like a part of the human race anymore because I can see that all we're ever going to do is fight each other constantly. We deserve to be extinct. Let the good times roll, baby! :D

We?! I am a Marine Corps Grad. Been inactive for 53 years now. I took a road off the pavement that said it goes to a landmark with water falls. While I was driving along, the dust billowing off the blast from my car going over the dirt and gravel I saw two joined brick buildings with piled broken and weather worn bricks. They used to be a couple of stories high, but they were crumbling. If you saw the mounds the wall's bricks piled along side the skeleton of the buildings without seeing the buildings remains you would have thought they were just a pile of dirt.

But they looked like something right out of Fallout: New Vegas's Boulder near the dam. Only these two building were smack dab in the middle of no where, depicting that once upon a time there was a town there.

I never made it to see the water fall. I drove along and saw nothing but empty indigenous fields of lowland grasses. No crops, but barbed wired fences around them just the same. There are buildings in the U. S. of A. that are as old as anything you can find on the tourist maps to ancient Egypt. There's even some suspicious looking mounds that may have been castles in the U. S. A..

I am suggesting you would have FUN! Oh! Not to forget a weird place in Glacier Park Montana I saw when I was on a backpacking trip. A tunnel through the top of a mountain, called Ptarmigan Tunnel. The memories I have suggest they might have been planning a huge lodge above it and it would have been a drainage tunnel, the same design of some of the sewers of Merry Old England. The so called trail zig zagging up to the mouth on the Montana side suggest a water way. To prevent soil damage and landslides. Either it was already a part of a missing fallen down old HUGE building or someone had plans to build a big building up there.

The only thing I found out was, there were several Swiss type buildings. History noted the Lodges and Chalets were destroyed by landslides and such. One record I read said one was flattened by the mountain at it's back and looked like the sole of a giant's shoe was left on top of it after it stepped on it. The Archives of history of our societies is a great place to look up mysterious stuff you find while roaming outside the usual path of societies children. Find stuff that ain't broke.

Good Spring's Easy Pete said. Never liked the word salvage. Means it's broke, no use. I like the idea of being called a prospector because I only look for the good stuff. Fallout: New Vegas!

Start getting your strength up and start wandering around like a child again. You'd be surprised at how much stamina you recover when you ain't looking for nothing and find something and want to keep doing that for the rest of your life.

You might be mistaken for an old bum if you return home after finding a mysterious item! But hey! Under the worn dusty dirty clothes your baggy coverall's pockets may be filled with wonders you found no one has seen in 10,000 years.

Having the knack to wonder, why you are waning and feeling disconnected is because you are.

See the backcountry, dare to explore. The rest of the world may well never see or experience what you have unless you take photos and bring home useful stuff to sell so you can go back out again to a site you found.

I always was a Spaceman, but no rocket ship do I need. Some places still exist that has so much space around it if you got lost, you may never find your way back to where ever you think you are lost from.

Old proverb. I'm not lost! I am right here! :happy: :wink: :laugh:

Been searching for something I lost this last year or so. The problem is I couldn't figure out what "it" was. Turns out it was my confidence all along. Not just my confidence in myself or abilities, but confidence in the people and world around me. For instance I still know I can do certain personal things well, whereas with too many other things to list I am constantly second guessing myself where I never did before. Am I imagining things or am I not alone? Has everyone lost their confidence?

A Haiku just for you:

You have taken the Red Pill

left the DNC

You will live a long free life