Mass Effect -Legendary Edition: What mods are you hoping for?

Veridien

With the Legendary collection remaster coming out in less than two months, it is difficult to know if mods are even possible. The modding community seems to find a way. My favorite mods in the originals I admit, were mostly cosmetic for making a better looking Shephard. I wasn't a fan of the hair choices and it seemed difficult to make a character you were proud of. It will be interesting to see if a Nexus mods page pops up near release. the game isn't even released yeat and I'm already hoping for mods.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Miranda Butt Cam Unfix

This is one of those hilarious gamer outrage situations. It just astounded me how people could be outraged about Bioware making quite serious scenes focus less on the butt of the character - A character who in one of these "butt-scenes" is talking about how they are not just looks, and in another one is having a heartfelt conversation about her sister. As always, "The Quartering" made an ass out of themselves.

Some of the best mods that the original trilogy had you won't see for this one. The mod author pulled all his mods from here and stepped away from modding. Thanks Nexus. If you want to know why, look up Thane Mod and following the link that is on there. It will take you to his website with an explanation.

Some of the best mods that the original trilogy had you won't see for this one. The mod author pulled all his mods from here and stepped away from modding. Thanks Nexus. If you want to know why, look up Thane Mod and following the link that is on there. It will take you to his website with an explanation.

Only thing I could find on that was the A.L.O.T situation, which as far as I know, was amicably resolved in the end.

It would be pretty hard to limit what people can do with regards to ideas. This is in no way different to how we handle Skyrim->SSE mods. If someone makes an SSE mod that is inspired by a LE mod, then that is perfectly allowed, because you can't own an idea for a mod. This of course, means that it would have to be made entirely from scratch. So they are wrong when they say; "Unfortunately, that conversation revealed Nexus’ stance on ports for Mass Effect will differ dramatically than those for Skyrim to Skyrim SE.". As they say, "A mod for original Skyrim cannot be ported to Skyrim SE without permission." and the same goes for ME mods. However, a SSE mod can be made that is entirely inspired by the LE mod, same as a ME:LE mod can be entirely inspired by a ME mod - as long as it is made from scratch.

It would be insane for a modding website to allow people to own the ideas of mods. It would contradict everything modding is.

The ideal situation would be if Bioware opens up porting between ME games the same way they allow porting of assets between DA games. If they do that, then an ME modder would be able to simply port their mod straight to ME:LE.