Can not figure out how to get Vortex to work on D/Drive

ThatBillGuy94

I simply can not figure out how to get Vortex to work on my D/Drive. I have Steam and Skyrim downloaded there and I use custom install for Vortex and put it on my D/Drive but not matter what I can't download any mods. There are always pathing errors. I've watched videos and all that. I'm not good with computers and upgraded to a new better one but its C/Drive is small so I have no Idea what to do. Please help...

I simply can not figure out how to get Vortex to work on my D/Drive. I have Steam and Skyrim downloaded there and I use custom install for Vortex and put it on my D/Drive but not matter what I can't download any mods. There are always pathing errors. I've watched videos and all that. I'm not good with computers and upgraded to a new better one but its C/Drive is small so I have no Idea what to do. Please help...

It doesn't matter what drive you install Vortex on, it only matters where the Mod Staging Folder is.

The Mod Staging Folder needs to be on the same drive as the game

You installed Vortex on the D:\Drive, but all the info, such as the DOWNLOADS Folder and the MOD STAGING FOLDER go on the C:\ drive, you need to change the paths of those two using Vortex.

Here's where to change the path of the download folder. You want to make your download folder something like D:\Vortex Downloads\

Vortex-Download-Folder.jpg

Here's where to change the path of your mod staging folder. You want to make it something like D:\Vortex Mods\

Vortex-Staging-Folder.jpg