ENB Sun Shining Through Everything Alt. Solution (Nvidia)

smneufell

Doesn't work for me. 320.xx is the requirement for gtx 770, anything drivers lower than that would not recognized the card and will refuse to install.

Yea you cant use ENB anymore until NVidia fixes it, IF they will fix it.

I also wanted to get the GTX770, instead I got the GTX680, which is the exact same chip, and overclocked it higher than GTX770 speeds.. voila. And that for 25% discount.

Not sure if it's nvdia fault cuz the new driver introducing txaa and lots of other improvement. As far as I know only enbseries v0.182 support it so it's the enb's fault here.

Also even thought gtx 680 using the same gk104 architecture it performs lower than gtx 770 by 10%-15% not to mention gtx 770 have higher bandwidth, higher clock rate, better energy consumption --> higher OC etc etc. But what sold me was the 4gb vram and super coolers that come with it.

I got mine from Gigabyte @ stock OC'ed 1136Mhz core clock and 7Ghz mem clock, tweaked it a bit and now I'm enjoying gtx 770 @ 1241Mhz core clock and 8Ghz mem clock.

Not sure if it's nvdia fault cuz the new driver introducing txaa and lots of other improvement. As far as I know only enbseries v0.182 support it so it's the enb's fault here.

Also even thought gtx 680 using the same gk104 architecture it performs lower than gtx 770 by 10%-15% not to mention gtx 770 have higher bandwidth, higher clock rate, better energy consumption --> higher OC etc etc. But what sold me was the 4gb vram and super coolers that come with it.

I got mine from Gigabyte @ stock OC'ed 1136Mhz core clock and 7Ghz mem clock, tweaked it a bit and now I'm enjoying gtx 770 @ 1241Mhz core clock and 8Ghz mem clock.

gtx680 is the exact same chip, same bandwidth, same clocks.. (only the gtx780 has a wider memory bus, gtx770 has not, it's still 256bit) the gtx770 is just overclocked while gtx680 is not... I have clocked mine to just under 1.3Ghz and mem 7Ghz for stability... can go a little higher for a benchmark, but I don't think that is a realistic OC. I have 4GB VRAM as well.. GTX770 is not available here with 4GB VRAM... my country is kinda behind on s***

And since I care little for other games, and enjoy ENB, and it being mega discounted, it was an easy pick.

Thanks for the fix, I hope nVidia take notice of this for future updates.

nVidia announced last week they will be fixing their Drivers for ENBs.

Should be solved in a couple of weeks.

Edited by SvarogNL

gtx680 is the exact same chip, same bandwidth, same clocks.. (only the gtx780 has a wider memory bus, gtx770 has not, it's still 256bit) the gtx770 is just overclocked while gtx680 is not... I have clocked mine to just under 1.3Ghz and mem 7Ghz for stability... can go a little higher for a benchmark, but I don't think that is a realistic OC. I have 4GB VRAM as well.. GTX770 is not available here with 4GB VRAM... my country is kinda behind on s***

And since I care little for other games, and enjoy ENB, and it being mega discounted, it was an easy pick.

Not exactly right, stock clock, rated boost speed and memory bandwidth are improved on gtx 770, you call it OC nvidia calls it fine tuned. Personally I prefer a fine tuned card that comes out just now with tons of support than something from last year which got lots of problem lately. You can easily find reviews for it anywhere online, or here http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-770-vs-GeForce-GTX-680 for example. The new 320.xx drivers are tailored specifically for gtx 770 and gtx 780 as well that's why so many people with 600 series having problems/ glitches/ crashes while I haven't gotten any issues.

As for OC mine is perfectly fine for everyday use as long as the temperatures are around 75-80C under maximum load that's why the cooling system on the card is important. Just under 1.3Ghz??? For real 1241Mhz cuz that is the maximum safe clock the gk 104 can go, heck even radeon 7970 rarely go over 1275Mhz. I wouldn't want to fried my graphic card just to squeeze out a couple more % performance.

That's why right now I'm really curious in your settings to OC that high. What's your OC program? Your mem clock? Voltage locked or unlocked and how much? And most importantly what's your peak temperature?

Thanks for the fix, I hope nVidia take notice of this for future updates.

nVidia announced last week they will be fixing their Drivers for ENBs.

Should be solved in a couple of weeks.

You got a link for that? I'm interested in reading more.

voltage unlocked to 1.212v otherwise the card cannot go past 1241Mhz because NV ass-ed the BIOS with limits. Mem clock is 7Ghz, cant go higher because drivers will crash... have it set lower actually for general gaming, not that it crashed - but I dont wanna crash the game due to OC ever :P Temps are around 73-75C on air, Card could draw 150% power but it actually rarely hits over 100 (mostly between 96-98%)... I guess if I really push this chip it can reach much higher, but I dont wanna blow the card up since I have no water, so I can't keep it much cooler.... that would require some real hack tool to get vCore higher tho, havent even looked into that, this Kepler Bios tweaker stuff can't go higher than this.

Even without ENB all the NVIDIA 320+ drivers cause me to CTD. I tried them all. I run 2X 580 3gb SLI. I keep rolling back to the 314 driver but since I upgraded to Windows 8 I have trouble with those drives too. The will work fine for a few hours but if I CTD I cannot load the game back up with out getting a render error message.