Photo

ENB Sun Shining Through Everything Alt. Solution (Nvidia)

sun rays enb bfloatpointrendertarget nvidia through

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

retnaut

retnaut

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

This bug is getting on my nerves. I really want to update to the newer drivers for stability, but the bug is still present. I'll try to get in the conact with the guy that runs ENB and let him know as well.

prod80

prod80

You can see more when you close your eyes

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,694 posts

like Boris (the guy that runs ENB) doesn't know ...

It's not like this issue is new... it was present in older drivers as well.

Hibiki97

Hibiki97

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Recently I noticed my intermittent sun issue became permanent and a big hassle. So tonight I searched through several sites to find a solution to no avail. Yes, I had my bfloatpointrendertarget set to 1, no transparencyAA, etc. Then, I realized I also recently updated my Nvidia drivers to the 320 beta. So I rolled them back to the 314.22 and viola, problem solved. Sorry if this is a repetetive post, I just couldnt find another. So anyone with an Nvidia card who's been having this issue recently, try it. Hopefully the issue will be resolved before an official release. Tested with 550ti.

Recently I noticed my intermittent sun issue became permanent and a big hassle. So tonight I searched through several sites to find a solution to no avail. Yes, I had my bfloatpointrendertarget set to 1, no transparencyAA, etc. Then, I realized I also recently updated my Nvidia drivers to the 320 beta. So I rolled them back to the 314.22 and viola, problem solved. Sorry if this is a repetetive post, I just couldnt find another. So anyone with an Nvidia card who's been having this issue recently, try it. Hopefully the issue will be resolved before an official release. Tested with 550ti.

hey how to change to lower  driver version on NVidia 
my driver version is 320 please reply  :blush:

LargeStyle

LargeStyle

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Uninstall 320 then install 314.22  :blink:

The exact method can change dependent on which version of Windows you're using but I normally uninstall nVidia drivers from Windows' Control Panel. Alternatively you can initiate the uninstallation via Windows Device Manager.

Whichever way you chose - do a full and clean uninstallation (delete old drivers during uninstallation).

Satcho

Satcho

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Just tried the new Beta 326.80 on my 570HD and the problem persists. Rolling back to 314...

modhatter6811

modhatter6811

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I know how to fix this issue! please share, no need to roll back drivers, you get better frame rates and performance with the 320 set, Open your enb series ini in the skyrim exe folder, then find under the heading labeled [Fix], ForceFakevideocard=false and change it to, ForceFakevideocard=true

Edited by modhatter6811, 16 September 2013 - 02:29 PM.

vlaka

vlaka

Asto thialo!

• Premium Member
  • 6,228 posts

I know how to fix this issue! please share, no need to roll back drivers, you get better frame rates and performance with the 320 set, Open your enb series ini in the skyrim exe folder, then find under the heading labeled [Fix], ForceFakevideocard=false and change it to, ForceFakevideocard=true

this can fix it but can also cause performance issues.

Best way to avoid the sunrays through objects is to simply disable it in the enb config menu or experiment with different enb's OR use an alternate sun mod.

LargeStyle

LargeStyle

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

I've recently fixed this issue simply by changing the SkyrimPrefs.ini line...

bFloatPointRenderTarget=

...from the default 0 to 1.

This has probably already been mentioned elsewhere and I've been a little ignorant with reading up about it, but it's now solved so I'm happy with it. Still using nVidia 314.22 driver as heard that latest drivers are buggy for Skyrim.

EDIT: oops, noticed the fix was in the first post - god I'm stupid sometimes  :wallbash:

Edited by LargeStyle, 19 September 2013 - 11:11 AM.

Hemzok

Hemzok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Anyone knows whether 327.23 WHQL has this bug or not?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sun, rays, enb, bfloatpointrendertarget, nvidia, through

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.026 seconds