A bounty system for mod ideas

Eddydpyl

Hi everyone!

There's something I've been working on recently. It's a virtual bounty system, where people can create and fund bounties for things they'd like to see get done. I was wondering if the concept would work for modding.

For example, say I want a mod that turns every NPC into a walking, talking cheese wheel. Or something else that hasn't been done yet. I could decide to create a bounty and put 5$ towards it. Then if others are also intereseted, they can further fund it. When someone manages to build such a mod, they would be able to claim the accumulated bounty for themsleves.

What do you think? As a mod creator, would you be motivated by these bounties? As a mod user, would you want to contribute to a bounty for a feature that you would really like to have in your game?

We wouldn't be able to use it as we can not make money off most mods

Why is that? You mean they use copyrighted materials?

Various companies (such as Bethesda) state mods cannot be sold or paywalled. A large part of the issues is copyright stuff.

We wouldn't be able to use it as we can not make money off most mods

Why is that? You mean they use copyrighted materials?

Various companies (such as Bethesda) state mods cannot be sold or paywalled. A large part of the issues is copyright stuff.

Oh, I had no idea. Thanks for the input.

We may accept donations or even put advertisements in our mods, but as they said we cannot charge for mods or pay gate content.

Additionally the concept itself wouldn't work. Skyrim is offline, there is no way for one users bounty hunter to contact a central "bounty board" or recieive payment etc.. The best it could do is direct people to a website, in which case you might as well use the nexus.