Mod manager keeps telling me access denied whenever I try to merge

IsobelMai

First time trying to use mods on DAI. I followed a tutorial and successfully downloaded the mod manager and set the path to DAI. But now when I try to merge any mod it gives it says failed and I get this error message

Exception message: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\EA Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch_ModManagerMerge\Data' is denied.

I'm desperate for any help, I've uninstalled and reinstalled mod manager 4-5 times and ive changed the path away from DAI and back countless times. i ever uninstalled DAI and reinstalled it and I'm still getting the same error. I'd love a solution or to know is there anyway to download mods outside of mod manager?

Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceEdit in Ginger×

Exception message: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\EA Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch_ModManagerMerge\Data' is denied

Page loaded in: 1.303 seconds

Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceEdit in Ginger×

You are trying to make a change to a file in Program Files and the Windows User Account Control is preventing this.

Any file installed in Program Files is protected by Windows User Account Control. If you are using Windows 10 (I don't), I can't help you. If you are using Windows 7, just delete the game and re-install it in a location outside of the protection of Program Files.

• 7 months later...