Leliana as Divine

Katarsi

Can we have a mod that enforces Leliana to be Divine?

The path to her election is extremely vague, and there is also the ingrained in-game bug that sometimes ignores the majority of points in her Divine pool and Cassandra gets elected instead.

This is the second time I've invested 100+ hours in the game and got the wrong Divine. I never supported Cassandra and I still got her, even with this mod.

If a player is set to choose Leliana, it would be best if we could do it by simply supporting her in the dialogue. Or the mod could predetermine it from the start. If making this kind of mod is possible at all.

I never had any trouble personally, when following the wiki's instructions. If that mod is as clear-cut as advertised though it's very strange that even with that it doesn't work, considering..:

If a player is set to choose Leliana, it would be best if we could do it by simply supporting her in the dialogue. Or the mod could predetermine it from the start. If making this kind of mod is possible at all.

...it's literally what the mod should do...

Bear with me, please.

Instead of sticking to a list of extremely specific dialogue options and choices in the game, having a mod that enforces Leliana as Divine would provide more elation for a playthrough. Like I said, the game sometimes doesn't acknowledge that she has the majority of Divine points and elects Cassandra instead. It's been known to happen to some, and I am one of them.

Also, some of us have a story in our head that we want to play out; what if I want to side with the templars and banish Grey Wardens, and still have Leliana as Divine? Mods are there precisely so we could have more options and more freedom, they don't necessarily follow the game rules. I don't want to argue about whether this mod should be made or not, I'm only asking if it's possible to make and if someone knowledgeable would be willing to do it. I am sure I wouldn't be the only one who'd benefit from it.

Bear with me, please.

Instead of sticking to a list of extremely specific dialogue options and choices in the game, having a mod that enforces Leliana as Divine would provide more elation for a playthrough. Like I said, the game sometimes doesn't acknowledge that she has the majority of Divine points and elects Cassandra instead. It's been known to happen to some, and I am one of them.

Also, some of us have a story in our head that we want to play out; what if I want to side with the templars and banish Grey Wardens, and still have Leliana as Divine? Mods are there precisely so we could have more options and more freedom, they don't necessarily follow the game rules. I don't want to argue about whether this mod should be made or not, I'm only asking if it's possible to make and if someone knowledgeable would be willing to do it. I am sure I wouldn't be the only one who'd benefit from it.

I wasn't trying to say that it shouldn't be made. I was saying that the mod you're already using should already be doing exactly what it is you want, according to its description. But it somehow isn't?

I wasn't trying to say that it shouldn't be made. I was saying that the mod you're already using should already be doing exactly what it is you want, according to its description. But it somehow isn't?

That's right. I made a post on the mod page where I clarified my issue.

On the page of the link you provided, about Divine election, you can see at the bottom of the page in the Bugs section that the wrong candidate can be elected without a clear cause. I was hoping we could get a mod that will prevent this occurrence, because it primarily affects Leliana.

I imagine it's possible to force Leliana as Divine if you just delete/inactivate the activators for the other two options.

I am moving currently and don't have much time, but I would like to look into it.

My current playthrough is a custom combo rogue/mage class character, and it took some doing to force the game to only provide the mage specialization options, but I was able to get it done. It turned out the warrior and rogue class events were higher priority than the mage event, meaning that if a character was flagged as both a rogue and a mage, just the rogue event would trigger.

My point is I'm wondering if there's a similar situation with Cassandra and Vivienne where those two always have priority over Leliana, and whether that causes the bug.

If anyone is able to provide a vanilla (or vanilla ish) save file near the final announcement of the Divine, that would be amazing to modtest...

Edited by apomorph

I imagine it's possible to force Leliana as Divine if you just delete/inactivate the activators for the other two options.

I am moving currently and don't have much time, but I would like to look into it.

My current playthrough is a custom combo rogue/mage class character, and it took some doing to force the game to only provide the mage specialization options, but I was able to get it done. It turned out the warrior and rogue class events were higher priority than the mage event, meaning that if a character was flagged as both a rogue and a mage, just the rogue event would trigger.

My point is I'm wondering if there's a similar situation with Cassandra and Vivienne where those two always have priority over Leliana, and whether that causes the bug.

If anyone is able to provide a vanilla (or vanilla ish) save file near the final announcement of the Divine, that would be amazing to modtest...

That would be great! When you have time, do look into it.

The Divine shebang starts right after the quest Wicked Eyes And Wicked Hearts, and there isn't a clear moment when the War Table mission for supporting the Divine starts. Actually, I never even got that mission in my most recent playthrough. I was trying hard to support Leliana in every dialogue, so I suppose it didn't even trigger when I was talking to Cassandra and Vivienne. I did get Leliana's dialogue where I can tell her that I support her (and I did), and that happens right after the quest What Pride Had Wrought. And we find out which Divine is elected after the final battle with Corypheus, because either Cassandra, Vivienne or Leliana informs the Inquisitor about that at Skyhold party (before the end of the main game).

I can provide the required save, though you'd have to be specific which one. Or all of them?

Edit: BTW, that rogue/mage combo sounds awesome! If it works, you should post that mod, I'd be among the first ones to try it out :)

Edited by Katarsi

@Katarsi, I think a save before that conversation after the battle with Corypheus sounds like a good place to start testing. My guess without digging into Frosty yet is that's where it'd be best to start manipulating things to see if you can force one Divine to be selected regardless of prior points/other plot events.

I can definitely post my rogue/mage combo class mod, but the main reasons I haven't are

a) It has some other mod dependencies (I think just the Rogue to Mage is a hard dependency that I've been too lazy to outright integrate into the mod, but I highly recommend Armor - No Class Restrictions Remade and particular portions of All Skill Trees for Inquisitor. There's also a few miscellaneous other mods to make accessories/potions/exploration abilities available to all classes that I use as well...)

b) It's a bit "made to order." I have to know your character's race/gender/desired starting skill trees/desired specialization quest/desired unlocked skill trees. In its current form, the mod is built for my male elf who starts with the dagger/stealth/lightning/fire trees, and gets the mage specialization quest instead of the rogue one. I also was able to get it so when he unlocks the Knight Enchanter tree, he also gets the Assassin tree, because why not. And because I was having fun, I changed some of his equipment slots around so he wields one dagger in the main hand slot but does an electric mage attack with the unequipped offhand.

I didn't bother giving him the ability to equip staves because my idea for this character was a mage who was not formally trained and instead focused on rogue abilities (canon be damned). But there are other good mods that would give you the ability to equip whatever weapons regardless of class.

Also, other class combos (e.g. Warrior/Mage) are definitely possible, and I was a little overwhelmed at the possibilities... and not sure of the interest in something like this... sorry for the long, and getting off-topic, post!

Edited by apomorph