Leliana as Divine

Katarsi

@Katarsi, I think a save before that conversation after the battle with Corypheus sounds like a good place to start testing. My guess without digging into Frosty yet is that's where it'd be best to start manipulating things to see if you can force one Divine to be selected regardless of prior points/other plot events.

I can definitely post my rogue/mage combo class mod, but the main reasons I haven't are

a) It has some other mod dependencies (I think just the Rogue to Mage is a hard dependency that I've been too lazy to outright integrate into the mod, but I highly recommend Armor - No Class Restrictions Remade and particular portions of All Skill Trees for Inquisitor. There's also a few miscellaneous other mods to make accessories/potions/exploration abilities available to all classes that I use as well...)

b) It's a bit "made to order." I have to know your character's race/gender/desired starting skill trees/desired specialization quest/desired unlocked skill trees. In its current form, the mod is built for my male elf who starts with the dagger/stealth/lightning/fire trees, and gets the mage specialization quest instead of the rogue one. I also was able to get it so when he unlocks the Knight Enchanter tree, he also gets the Assassin tree, because why not. And because I was having fun, I changed some of his equipment slots around so he wields one dagger in the main hand slot but does an electric mage attack with the unequipped offhand.

I didn't bother giving him the ability to equip staves because my idea for this character was a mage who was not formally trained and instead focused on rogue abilities (canon be damned). But there are other good mods that would give you the ability to equip whatever weapons regardless of class.

Also, other class combos (e.g. Warrior/Mage) are definitely possible, and I was a little overwhelmed at the possibilities... and not sure of the interest in something like this... sorry for the long, and getting off-topic, post!

Here is the save file right after defeating Coryphepants, at the Skyhold party: https://filepost.io/d/dUXMHYLTqi

I didn't talk to anyone in the room yet.

My Inquisitor is an elven female mage, sided with mages as partners, banished the Wardens, left Hawke in the Fade, Alistair is the Warden contact, I made truce between Celene, Gaspard and Briala, and the Inquisitor drank from the Well of Sorrows. DLCs are completed as well (except for Trespasser at this point). All areas are explored, it was somewhat of a completionist playthrough. And Cassandra is supposed to be elected as Divine - wrongly, because I supported Leliana. The mod Choose Your Divine is active there.

Edit: Here is a save with no mods at all, at the same spot: https://filepost.io/d/6iLvPSXwy4

I thought you might want that one as well.

As for the rogue/mage build, well, I expected it wouldn't be easy, but that seems way too complicated...at least for my current mindset :cool: But if you ever decide to turn it into a mod, I may be willing to help with testing.

Anyway, when you get to poke around with the provided save, let me know of the results, and whether you'd like some other save file. Thank you for the effort :happy:

Edited by Katarsi

Thank you for the saves! It really helps a lot... hopefully I can poke around with this this week (I could honestly use a thing to work on to relax).

I'm more used to modding Bethesda games and having a console to easily get to where I want to test parts of the game, and my understanding is that the DAI console is pretty useless for modding.

I apologize that my description for the rogue/mage combo mod was kind of poor/breathless. It was complicated/fun for me to figure out how to edit those files, but the result has been really satisfying in-game (and hasn't caused me any issues for a couple hundred hours of play). I may at some point make a tutorial of how to do some class/skill tinkering and post that since there are so many potential combinations... and it might be a little clearer than a post explanation.

So here's what I've found so far:

The Choose Your Divine mod is working just fine. I used the DAI Save Editor (https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/daitools/plot-flags-t277.html) to check each candidate's points on your save file, and Leliana's are indeed the highest (270 points for her vs 0 for Cassandra and -4 for Vivienne).

So, as we kind of already knew from whoever wrote the wiki entry on the Divine election process, there is a bug somewhere in the Divine selection logic that is picking Cassandra in your game over Leliana, despite Leliana's vast lead in points.

Using the Save Editor, you can at least swap the booleans to get your game how you want it to be. You'll need to set "Cassandra is Divine" to False, and set "Leliana is Divine" to True. I'm embarrassed to say it took me a while to figure out how to use the Save Editor's GUI for the booleans-- you need to double-click on them to get them to change. But I did verify that this swap works with your save file and gets you the right (Leliana) ending.

I am looking in Frosty as to WHY that boolean is being set incorrectly despite the Choose Your Divine mod working correctly, but Frosty logic is poorly labeled and I may or may not be successful... my initial thoughts are:

a) Cassandra is defaultly truthy and sometimes swapping the default doesn't get triggered in some save files?

b) Some other condition is overriding the boolean for Leliana to reset it

I know this isn't really a mod solution to prevent the problem in the first place... still trying there.

Hey! Okay, I actually have a semi-functioning thing, and figured out how to attach boolean swaps to conversations choices... meaning, I can attach "make cassandra divine false, make leliana divine true" to specific conversation choices! I think what I am going to do is try to make it so you can talk to Leliana/Cassandra/Vivienne during the party and have an option to confirm that person as Divine in the conversation.

Alright, I promise this is the last post I'll make for now... but I got a question.

My idea was to add a new dialogue option to Cassandra, Vivienne, and Leliana during this party. Again, the idea was that if you pick that dialogue option, it'd force that candidate to become Divine, regardless of points.

My problem is I can't seem to add new dialogue trees. I can add the forcing to only existing dialogues in the party.

OR I can just add one check to Leliana's Divine conversation "I'd support you" option that flags her to become Divine and negates the other two candidates. The problem with this is that if you do anything that invokes the Divine point logic AFTER that, it's gonna reset the booleans according to the points tally. And there's something wrong with the logic that is messing with Leliana's booleans in the first place.

So I guess the question is-- how do you want this to be implemented? I hope this makes sense...

• 3 weeks later...

Maker's balls, you did quite a wonder here, apomorph!

And you got it in the end, while I still don't know how to use Save Editor...at all :sweat:

I was away on another Skyrim modding spree, but I eventually remembered to check on DAI.

Going to the mod page to check it out! :thumbsup:

Maker's balls, you did quite a wonder here, apomorph!

And you got it in the end, while I still don't know how to use Save Editor...at all :sweat:

I was away on another Skyrim modding spree, but I eventually remembered to check on DAI.

Going to the mod page to check it out! :thumbsup:

The Save Editor can be seriously tricky! It took me like 45 minutes to figure out that to change boolean values, you have to double-click on that line item, and not enter in a 0 or a 1... hope the mod helps you out!