Bugfix for "LvlPredatorScript" errors. No more log spam.

steve40

You know the drill, you see lots of this in your Papyrus log:

[05/04/2013 - 01:02:08PM] Error:  (000844A5): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
	[ (000844A5)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
	[ (000844A5)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 25
[05/04/2013 - 01:02:08PM] Error:  (000844A3): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
	[ (000844A3)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
	[ (000844A3)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 25
[05/04/2013 - 01:02:08PM] Error:  (000844A4): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
	[ (000844A4)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
	[ (000844A4)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 25
[05/04/2013 - 01:04:24PM] Error:  (000844A5): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
	[ (000844A5)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
	[ (000844A5)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 25
[05/04/2013 - 01:04:24PM] Error:  (000844A9): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
	[ (000844A9)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
	[ (000844A9)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 25
[05/04/2013 - 01:04:24PM] Error:  (000844A3): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
	[ (000844A3)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
	[ (000844A3)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 25
[05/04/2013 - 01:04:24PM] Error:  (000844A4): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
	[ (000844A4)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
	[ (000844A4)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 25
[05/04/2013 - 01:04:24PM] Error:  (000844A8): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
	[ (000844A8)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
	[ (000844A8)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 25
[05/04/2013 - 01:04:24PM] Error:  (000844AA): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
	[ (000844AA)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
	[ (000844AA)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 25

I've attached an improved script that will reduce the amount of these errors.

EDIT: This script fix is the final version. This version does not disable any of the script's functionality. It simply adds sanity checks to prevent redundant enable/disable methods being applied to predators. I've tested this script for many hours without seeing any errors in the logs. It's possible that you might still get the rare error, but I'd say that I've eliminated 95% of the LvlPredatorScript.psc" error spam, even with SkyTEST mod loaded (eg. 6 Jul 2013: Played Skyrim for 10 hours straight. No crashes, only 6 "lvlpredatorscript" errors in the logs).

My script is different from the method used by USKP 1.3.3. The USKP script won't fix errors on mods that add their own predators and override vanilla ones. On the other hand my script fix doesn't care if the predators are vanilla or not but will it will reduce the log spam by about 95%. So try either fix and see which one works best for you.

Just download the attached archive "_bugfix_LvlPredatorScript (v2.1).rar" and copy the DATA folder and its contents from the archive to your main Skyrim folder (merging it with your existing DATA folder). The source script is included. If you install/reinstall the CK you will need to recopy the fixed script afterwards.

Note: the other attached archive called "_bugfix_LvlPredatorScript (v1.1 hack version for troubleshooting only)" is the original "hack" version of my script fix which completely disables the LvlPredatorScript functionality. It will eliminate 100% of LvlPredatorScript errors in the logs but it should only be used for troubleshooting to determine if the vanilla script is actually causing your CTDs or not.

Change log:
v2.2 - added more keywords to prevent warnings in the log when using this with USKP 1.3.3c
v2.1 - added keywords to prevent warnings in the log when using this with USKP 1.3.3
v2.0 - "final" (non-hack) script fix

v1.2 - "hack" version. - added more keywords to prevent warnings in the log when using this with USKP 1.3.3c
v1.1 - "hack" version. - added keywords to prevent warnings in the log when using this with USKP 1.3.3
v1.0 - "hack" version.

----------------------------------------
My other script fixes:

Critters
dunBluePalaceArenaSCRIPT
fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT
----------------------------------------

Edited by steve40

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the hundreds of other predators that are not linked to an enable state parent? By disabling that bit of code do you not disrupt their proper function?

That is the real problem. The script was applied globally to all predators despite a few hundred of the thousand or so references already having enable state parents.

I haven't noticed any problems with other predators at all so far.

Using this fixed script is the best way to prove/disprove whether the vanilla LvlPredatorScript was actually causing crashes or not.

Edited by steve40

This seems to be working for me. No log spam and no crashes anymore thus far. I just hope this don't negatively impact mods that utilize the vanilla script. I mean I haven't noticed any adverse affects from using this update script yet.

A big thanks to steve40 for this though.

Edited by Demonasius

Question: LvlPredatorScript.pex goes in the Data folder? (Where mods are kept?) And LvlPredatorScript.psc goes in the Scripts folder? Just copying over the files from the rar leads to that effect.

Shouldn't LvlPredatorScript.pex go in the Scripts folder and LvlPredatorScript.psc go in the Source folder (replacing vanilla LvlPredatorScript.psc in the process)?

@Bizzquik
I also had to put both files into the new "scripts" folder to install thef fix with the manager, so that the correct path would be: Data\scripts\source

LvlPredatorScript.pex goes into the "scripts" folder and "LvlPredatorScript.psc" into the "source" folder.

In this way, lvlpredator script errors vanished from my Papyrus Logs. I SO hope this fix for this annoying vanilla script will also deal with my CTDs...

Edited by Al99