game wont launch

nuketheworld007

i installed some mods but i keep getting an error called : no mans sky error

the game has encounterd an error and will now shutdown

potential mod incompatibilities have been detected

please diseble or delete mods if this problem persists

here is the problem i treid disabling the mods wont work the txt is enablemods treid deliting it noting works

any idea on haw to fix this isue

edit i would like to play with these mods

Edited by nuketheworld007

If you remove all the mods from your mods folder, does the game work then? If so, add one back one at a time and start the game. You should see a warning that you are using unsupported mods. If you get that msg, they're working. If you get the one you've been seeing (the error one), there is a problem with the mod and you simply can't use it. I'd also like to add that while I'm not new to modding, I am new to modding NMS. So I am no expert, just helping with what I've learned so far.

Since an update came out recently, it's possible that Hello Games released new packed files. If your mods were based on older versions of these packed files, it's entirely possible they will never work until updated by the author. I am having a similar problem in another thread and am waiting on a rely to just that question.

UPDATE: I'm learning as I go. I just learned that when HG releases an update, as they did a few days ago, it can break pretty much every mod and the authors then scramble to update their mods which relies on the mod tool author updating and distributing his tool first. Probably more than you wanted to know, but just wait a bit and get updated versions of your mods and I bet they'll work then.

Edited by GorkusGorkusGorkus

• 6 months later...

If you remove all the mods from your mods folder, does the game work then? If so, add one back one at a time and start the game. You should see a warning that you are using unsupported mods. If you get that msg, they're working. If you get the one you've been seeing (the error one), there is a problem with the mod and you simply can't use it. I'd also like to add that while I'm not new to modding, I am new to modding NMS. So I am no expert, just helping with what I've learned so far.

Since an update came out recently, it's possible that Hello Games released new packed files. If your mods were based on older versions of these packed files, it's entirely possible they will never work until updated by the author. I am having a similar problem in another thread and am waiting on a rely to just that question.

UPDATE: I'm learning as I go. I just learned that when HG releases an update, as they did a few days ago, it can break pretty much every mod and the authors then scramble to update their mods which relies on the mod tool author updating and distributing his tool first. Probably more than you wanted to know, but just wait a bit and get updated versions of your mods and I bet they'll work then.

Hell yes, this worked for me!!! I removed the new addons I installed, but to no avail. Just after checking for updates with Vortex (Instant actions had to be updated), my game started again, thanks mate :)