Player's house (Sanctuary) as its own workshop

ShadowMage016

I have always had a habit of reserving the player's house in Sanctuary specifically for the player (and partner). No one else is ever allowed to use the bed(s) or other furniture there (at least in my mind, whether it's actually enforceable or not, I'm not sure).

To expand on this, I had the idea of turning the house into its own workshop similar to Home Plate. This, of course, means a separate cell for the interior of the house. I tried to do it a couple of times, but I am just too inexperienced in the CK. I managed to get a load door and the interior cell created, as well as successfully turning the cell into a workshop, but I couldn't get it to link to the inventory of the Sanctuary workshop (one of my key features mentioned below). Anyway, if anyone is interested in taking this up, here's a couple of, what I consider key, features:

- "Repaired" house model both interior and exterior. This would be a patched up version of the house (ie, plywood over the holes in the walls and sheet metal on the roof holes), not the fully restored versions in the "repaired Sanctuary" mods out there. Perhaps the "repaired" house could be linked to a quest which replaces the current in-game house with the repaired exterior.

- Linked to Sanctuary's workshop so that any materials in one will be available in the other.

I'm not sure how feasible this is and I understand that all of you modders are volunteers so I don't expect miracles. No hard feelings if this doesn't gain any traction, but if it does, I'd be ecstatic! :)

Also, if something like this does, in fact, exist already, please point me in the right direction!

It's not feasibly doable.

You'd need to set the entire cell as its own workshop and this does not cover only one house

I think you misunderstood. I'm not talking about making the exterior cell where the house sits as it's own workshop. I didn't think this would be feasible for the reason you mentioned: there's more than just that house in the cell.

What I'm after is to modify the house model so it doesn't actually have an interior space that exists in the world. It would have load doors on it that would take the player to a separate interior cell which would then be it's own workshop. Just like Homeplate. The interior of Homeplate doesn't exist in the outside world. You have to load into the interior cell.

Theoretically possible. The problem would consist in making the outside visible from the interior cell. (Since the original house model does have holes, windows and leaks)

It's possible using LOD data but it's a pain to do so.

Or as you mentioned using a patched house would be possible.

Linking two workshop containers together should be possible, since I did it in my Croup Manor Basement. There's also a script technique to do this but SKK50 would know more about it.

Linking two workshop containers together should be possible, since I did it in my Croup Manor Basement. There's also a script technique to do this but SKK50 would know more about it.

Any pointers on how you did it? Would you mind if I dug around in your mod to see if I could figure it out? If I can get that, then that just leaves the new model for the house, which is way out of my league. Unless I can patch something together using static, non-scrappable objects.

In Croup Manor Basement I linked the Interior Workbench to the Exterior Resource Container (Not the Exterior Workbench) using "workshoplinkcontainer". While I didn't use the basement extensively I didn't encounter any issues.

For making the house I could imagine using a Static Collection and output it as .nif afterwards.

You can do that by selecting multiple static objects, right click "Create Static Collection" and then, when you click on the finished SCOL, you can export it as a .nif