Can't start a new game. Help would be appreciated!

TonyB500

It is a frustrating thing but i figured it out

1- you must have a alternative start mod ( if you have one skip to No.3 )

2- install one these ( Skyrim unbound or alternative start live another life )

3- un-install the alternative start mod

4- start a new game ( it should work if it bugged or didn't work correctly do the next step )

5- re-install the alternative start mod then start a new game.

Worked for me!! :smile:

Hey it almost worked in my case because after i reinstaled alternative start mod problem reappeared. Any ideas why?

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I got this bug earlier today and after about an hour, I figured out the problem I was having.

If you have both the Alternate Start Live Another Life mod AND Opening Scene Overhaul mod, you must UNCHECK Opening Scene Overhaul to start a new game. It turns out both these mods are a little uncompatible and you need to load LAL first. Straight from the Opening Scene Overhaul mod's description page:

Alternate Start - Live Another Life - ONLY works if you follow these steps:
Make sure original opening scene.esp is UNCHECKED, Open the game with LAL, wait for mods to configure, then save it. Close the game, activate this mod and reload that save you just made. Choose the vanilla start. The mods should now work together without issue, as long as this is loaded after LAL and both mods are at the bottom of the load order. (Thanks to JakXLT for discovering this)

Basically, at least for me, it was an incompatibility issue. I didn't have to uninstall Skyrim or deactivate all my mods, just had to actually read the mod page. I hope this helps for some of you!

Edited by MunchyInTechnicolor

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...