Irritating Password Policy

ShadowFoxtrot11C

This has probably been bitched about before, but I'm not searching through threads for this topic.

I do not log in often enough to remember my passwords and I'm not about to save them or write them down. I also do not like having to enter a 10 page essay just to download a mod. It's giving me flashbacks of trying to log into the Army's .gov site. Please for the love of God go back to shorter passwords, or stop requiring a log in to manually download mods.

Rant over, thanks.

Guest deleted34304850

it has been bitched about before.

your SOL. what they are doing is the right thing to do. if you can't remember passwords, then download and install a password manager. job done. or, write it down in a notebook and keep it by your computer. job done.

or, do nothing and whine about it. job done.

This has probably been bitched about before, but I'm not searching through threads for this topic.

I do not log in often enough to remember my passwords and I'm not about to save them or write them down. I also do not like having to enter a 10 page essay just to download a mod. It's giving me flashbacks of trying to log into the Army's .gov site. Please for the love of God go back to shorter passwords, or stop requiring a log in to manually download mods.

Rant over, thanks.

Considering that someone from Australia (I'm in the US) managed to log into my Gyazo account yesterday, by using my email address AND my STUPIDLY short password, (fortunately, Gyazo sends ME the email to verify if it was me logging into my account from a different location), I'm all for 12 digit passwords.

Yea, there's a LOT of things you feel you "Shouldn't have to do", but there's always someone willing to exploit that.

As far as the download screen, you have the option to get rid of that, it's your choice, you are in control of that, but from your post, it sounds like you don't want to put any effort into much of anything really.