How can I export enabled/installed mods to a text file in their load order?

nexodexo

In the Vortex 'Mods' tab, the settings gear has a checkbox available for 'Deploy Order'. When I display this on my Vortex, it shows both mods with and without plugins. Maybe that is the term you might search for, instead of load order when looking for help. Since load order is specific to plugins.

This is what I wanted. But where is it stored? As already mentioned, I found files which could contain what I want. My goal is to export that deployment order, for example in form of a .txt-file.

The Vortex state is stored in a leveldb database (https://github.com/google/leveldb).

There are tools and libraries for many languages to access these databases directly but you have two other options:

a) Vortex has a command line interface that lets you access or change the state (vortex --get ..., vortex --set ..., vortex --del, vortex --merge, vortex --store) but you'd have to be super careful with that.

b) Any Vortex extension (see https://nexus-mods.github.io/vortex-api/) can get read-access to the state as a plain old javascript object, changing state is a wee bit more complicated (we don't usually allow arbitrary changes to the state, there has to be logic (actions) behind every state change).

The best solution depends on what you're trying to achieve but if your trying to export/import larger chunks of state, using an extension to dump the state (or whatever part you need from it) and the command line "vortex --merge" to insert state (in json format) would be my suggestion. The reason I'd use an extension to dump is because you get clean, validated data out, the reason to use the command line to insert is that it ensures your import happens before the the UI tries to render that state so you don't have to worry about if/when the UI updates to match.

You could also integrate state at runtime though, the keyword for loading entire chunks of state is "hydrate". We don't really document this, this is decidedly "only use if you know what you're doing" territory.