Navmesh Headache

I'm having a real pain with some Tamriel navmesh edits that might be causing ctds for users of my mod, but can't fix it.

I get a few logs in Editorwarning.txt like this,

"PATHFINDING: NavMesh in cell MorthalExterior05 (Tamriel[-10,17]) should be refinalized, there are navmesh bounds missing"

So I tried doing the cell finalize again which didn't sort it, then tried following this guide but I couldn't complete it because one step says to "right click on this entry and select remove" on a navmesh edit but the 'remove' option isn't available for this entry and I can't continue.

After looking around I see this can happen with either duplicate triangles or removed vanilla ones, my case is the latter but I have done his in a lot more areas without issue.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Ironman5000

That message is the result of deleting an entire navmesh object that was finalized into the NAVI before it was deleted. I've done it several times and played with it and can't tell that it causes any issues in the game, although that is purely an observation as it is pretty hard to tell in one game what is going to be a problem in another. I still avoid it as the error message is annoying and it is relatively easy to fix. You just need to remove the deletion of the navmesh object from your mod. If you are familiar with TES5Edit, it is probably the easiest way to do that. I don't know if you have used Edit or not and I am not an expert with it by any means, but I will try to give you enough info to get the job done. You might want to read some of the Edit tutorials out there, but most of them seem to focus on cleaning mods, which is not what you need. There is a neat manual available that was written for the Fall Out version, but it is still mostly applicable. And be sure to make a backup copy of your mod.

Fire Edit up with your mod, find the Tamriel cell with the deleted mesh and remove the deletion from your mod. When you expand that cell and look at the cell data in TES5Edit, you will see several NAVM objects, at least one of which is going to say Deleted in the details. Select that object, right click on it and chose to remove it. Do the same for all of them if you deleted more than one mesh object. When you exit, it will save the mod for you automatically.

Then go back into the mod in the CK, select one part of the unwanted mesh object and then use F (ctrl-F?) to select the entire mesh object. Then drag the entire mesh object down vertically till it is far enough below the landscape that NPCs don't detect it and just leave it. When you refinalize the navmesh for that cell, the error message should go away.

I see what I did wrong now, thanks for pointing that out I was attempting to delete directly from the NAVM block. Your description was easier to follow and I managed to sort it out right away :D

Thanks for the advice and kudos to you!