TW3 game only starts from Vortex

RAAC89

Hello,

I have a strange problem with starting The Witcher 3 (it's the only game i have installed right now).

I have installed some mods and could start the game when i start this from the Vortex application, and could play the game, no problems here.

When I try to start the game from steam, executable starts, RAM-memory shoots up to 600 MB and drops down to around 230 MB and stays there, CPU stays at 7%, and no "game screen" or icon in the taskbar

I have the same problem when I try to sart the game from NVIDIA Experience (i would never use this but was only for testing).

The same problem occured when i browse to the folder (\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\Bin\x64\Witcher3.exe) and start the game as admin (with or without compatability mode for W8).

I have also tried to start the game with compatability mode, add user "everyone" to the folder (also the Documents folder), close all unnecessary programs like Geforce Experience...

Does Vortex use some extra privilege to start the game or do I something wrong?

My system:

W10 Home

CPU i9-10900K @ 3.7GHz

GTX2080 Ti

Thank you for your time to read this.

Hamlin423, I'm aware that modded games could have achievements disabled. Red Engine? That is the script compiler? Is see it compiling (red screen) the scripts when I add or remove a mod which contains scripts.

Game never crash, only in one case the game really starts and I could play the game (with vortex), the other cases, the game pops-up in my taskmanager but never shows the menu main screen, it keep showing my desktop and no icon in the taskbar..

rmm200, I have checked this, it is the same location/file as when I started it manually (browse to the location and start the .exe it directly)

I have removed all my mods and verify my game files with steam, now everything is working again, I will leave it as is without mods.

Thank you for your time.

While I have no solution for the OP's problem, I myself have no issues running my modded "The Witcher 3" from Steam rather than Vortex. In either case, I do not run the game as administrator nor do I run it in compatibility mode. I'm genuinely sorry that I can't be of further help.

As for the post from Hamlin423, it clearly is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the OP's problem.