Less Horrible Dragon Bone Arrows Please

virtualwaffles

Ive been playing Skyrim for quite a while and i have one simple request, dragon bone arrows that dont look inconvenient and impractical. Im wondering if someone could change (or give some help finding) dragon bone arrows that look less like a 3 pronged eating utensil and more like an arrow. I would REALLY like it to still look dragon bone themed but perhaps just a more regular arrow with jagged edges or something. I dont really have a solid idea of what i want it to look like i just want it to look more simple, maybe similar to ancient stone tip arrow heads but instead of stone it bone? Perhaps something like this but... bone-ish?

• 10 months later...

I also have found the vanilla dragonbone arrowheads to be at least a very poor choice visually and horrible in my mind for anything other than going after foxes, birds or fish in game. Even though I made a lot and use them against everything, it looks and feels pretty wrong and stupid that the arrowheads you make from the dragons you've slain look like you are going to go out bowfishing. :/

As it has been almost a year and no one has responded, maybe you could try Renaming the tread to something like: "Remake Dragonbone Arrow head". maybe then someone will be able step forward

Well, I went looking in the files, and noticed that the steel arrow mesh works alright with the dragonbone arrow texture, so I did a quick mesh swap. Here is a picture of what the arrow will look like.

http://i61.tinypic.com/34qwpxw.jpg

I figure it doesn't look so bad (certainly better than that weird fork from before), so it can be a quick fix until someone with more skill comes around :smile:

Edited by Jokerine