Hellfire Power Armor Deleted Retexture Mod, Kerfuffle

Warplogic

Heads up this is my first time truly using these forums so sorry in advance if I posted this in the wrong place or seems to stupid to talk about.

So I have been trying to use a Retexture Mod for Hellfire but in New Vegas. Honestly I have it running fine but my problem comes from my stupidity since the retexture mod I am using is a different finish compared to the style that I thought it was, the "Enclave Power Armors Retextured" by id2301. If you look at the mod page the first picture of the armor is actually what it is while the last one which shows off the back and front along with the more prominent glowing eyes that you can see a difference (I can put screen shots in if you want of what I see in-game compared to what the mod advertise). The back of the Hellfire armor in the 4th picture has pipping that looks like carbon fiber along with the glowing eyes being more centered like the default version of it, a decent difference compared to the low lit red eyes of the first picture.

Anyways what I am trying to get at is, was their another mod with that redesign but was taken down at some point or is it a separate piece of gear that is different from the normal Hellfire power armor (I honestly cant tell if this is the case, the only evidence that shows that as a possibility is his change in the wording from the first photo saying "APA MK2" to writing on the fourth picture "advanced power armor mkII hellfire") or was it changed by the author and just never replaced the picture of what is being shown?

I would love to use that form of Hellfire in my current playthrough and am genuinely curious if I missed the mod on my searches for finding it. On the bright side of wasting the last 4 hours I dipped my toes in Nifskope, GIMP and GECK to try out and fix the issue before realizing the armor was different then what I have.

I would attach two photos of the helmet and the back of the armor but it seems the photos were too big. Hope you all can bear with these hiccups.

I guess you missed "Tesla WIP" in the first image with green eyes. WIP stands for Work In Progress and not something that would be part of the download.

For me Tesla is the fifth picture on the "Enclave Power Armor Retexture" Nexus page. I must have wrote something down wrong (I apologize for the miss communication) because I'm talking about just the Hellfire Retextures, this photo specifically is the retexture I am looking for.

Plus he has another mod specifically for his tesla retexture as well oddly enough so technically I guess he has two different versions of that mod or maybe they are the same, I don't know since that is a different topic all together or does it relate to the missing Hellfire Retexture photo? Am I missing a texture, esp, nif, dds or anything for that matter.

I guess I should ask if anyone has been able to get the exact Hellfire Retexture in this picture? I have only been able to get the first image retexture for the helm. My armor itself lacks the Carbon Fiber pipping finish so I would assume that means the armor as well is also different from this photos version.

I had to resize the pic for the limit on how much you can put on here, it still shows what I am talking about thankfully

I guess you missed "Tesla WIP" in the first image with green eyes. WIP stands for Work In Progress and not something that would be part of the download.

For me Tesla is the fifth picture on the "Enclave Power Armor Retexture" Nexus page. I must have wrote something down wrong (I apologize for the miss communication) because I'm talking about just the Hellfire Retextures, this photo specifically is the retexture I am looking for.

Plus he has another mod specifically for his tesla retexture as well oddly enough so technically I guess he has two different versions of that mod or maybe they are the same, I don't know since that is a different topic all together or does it relate to the missing Hellfire Retexture photo? Am I missing a texture, esp, nif, dds or anything for that matter.

I guess I should ask if anyone has been able to get the exact Hellfire Retexture in this picture? I have only been able to get the first image retexture for the helm. My armor itself lacks the Carbon Fiber pipping finish so I would assume that means the armor as well is also different from this photos version.

I had to resize the pic for the limit on how much you can put on here, it still shows what I am talking about thankfully

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/18370?tab=files&file_id=86201

PSGSokQ.jpg

Edited by Purr4me

Warplogic, on 11 Apr 2021 - 3:19 PM, said:

snapback.png

M48A5, on 11 Apr 2021 - 07:18 AM, said:snapback.png

https://www.nexusmod...s&file_id=86201

PSGSokQ.jpg

Edited by Purr4me, Yesterday, 11:46 AM.

Yeah that is the one in the file all right (the first image on the page), not what I am asking about though. I have already successfully gotten that version (I suppose it is a different version) but that wasn't what I was expecting to see in game. I wanted to know if anyone has this version of the retexture (the image I posted), I want to use the armor retexture where the eyes are still lit up fully and not using the dim lit glow (it looks more Intune with how it was originally in Fallout 3 and that is what I want to use).

At this rate I just want to know what happened to it. Anyone have any idea??

Edited by Warplogic

Oh, that's different ?

So you wanted the mod from Moddb's website, not the nexus 1 ?

I believe at one point in time you ran another mod overhaul as I have in the past, not sure which overhaul had the glowing eye's

What you seen in the past was just a mix an match you had going on

Fook two. open the preview contents on the site before downloading the packages and look for the correct textures, if they are not in the package, you save time downloading things not of any value.

It came from a very Old mod, that I know for sure

2013 I believe. I'll keep looking.

So ,the correct armor just not the correct eye's? is that correct ?

----------------------------------------

Ok hun, here's a couple of mods that seem to have the parts in them your after.

1. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/6776?tab=files
  2. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/1714

I'll keep looking, I know there is an adventure mod that contains that older fallout 2 style armor somewhere.

It just wasn't very popular.

Edited by Purr4me

Oh, that's different ?

I believe at one point in time you ran another mod overhaul as I have in the past, not sure which overhaul had the glowing eye's

Fook two. open the preview contents on the site before downloading the packages and look for the correct textures, if they are not in the package, you save time downloading things not of any value.

I'll keep looking, I know there is an adventure mod that contains that older fallout 2 style armor somewhere.

All I want to know is if that picture (the one I posted in this chat)is actually a mod I can download. It isn't the one you can download off id2301's retexture page. He is the person who is using that photo I posted on this forum, on his mod page, and with that I just want to know if it was ever released or was made for the public.

Oh, that's different ?

All I want to know is if that picture (the one I posted in this chat)is actually a mod I can download. It isn't the one you can download off id2301's retexture page. He is the person who is using that photo I posted on this forum, on his mod page, and with that I just want to know if it was ever released or was made for the public.

Yes, it's from another mod. Some sort of adventure mod, I also once had it. The mod in question came with choices of amber, Blue and green as well as Red eye's.

Enclave type I think? or BS type.

The mod's description told of a dudgeon chase, all sorts of levels and nearly impossible to escape back to the surface.

There were 4 deep stairwells in it but only 1 of them was it possible to use.

Not sure...it was a long time ago, there were creatures, ghoul's and Vampires.

A lot of mods, the one's we need are no longer here on the nexus website.

FI the author has a pic? then he has knowledge of the source materials.

you can't make screen shots with knowing the source or having said source.

the armor had in-game eye adjustments, or maybe not. There were too many deviations made by hundred's of people to keep track of it all.

-------------------------

PS: the above pic is from fallout new Vegas game. Not fallout 3.

Edited by Purr4me

Oh, that's different ?

Yes, it's from another mod. Some sort of adventure mod, I also once had it. The mod in question came with choices of amber, Blue and green as well as Red eye's.

Enclave type I think? or BS type.

The mod's description told of a dudgeon chase, all sorts of levels and nearly impossible to escape back to the surface.

There were 4 deep stairwells in it but only 1 of them was it possible to use.

Not sure...it was a long time ago, there were creatures, ghoul's and Vampires.

A lot of mods, the one's we need are no longer here on the nexus website.

FI the author has a pic? then he has knowledge of the source materials.

you can't make screen shots with knowing the source or having said source.

the armor had in-game eye adjustments, or maybe not. There were too many deviations made by hundred's of people to keep track of it all.

-------------------------

PS: the above pic is from fallout new Vegas game. Not fallout 3.

So this is how I understand what you are saying, let me know if I am missing something or am wrong. Your saying that it was a retexture mod a long while ago by most likely a different person, used to be in a quest, and had multiple varieties of color changed versions of said Enclave Hellfire armor but most likely now is long gone from the nexus due to some reason or another. This id2301 guy is using a screenshot of that said armor so most likely knows some form of that retexture or used it as a base for his own retexture.

--------------------------------------------------

I did btw reinstall id2301's retexture after testing with the DX retexture but it is so low quality now for this day and age of a retexture. Honestly at this rate I feel like I will have to make it myself somehow (gonna have to learn a lot to do that lol). I took some time yesterday to get the original power armor footsteps from Fo3 to work in New Vegas so how much harder could it be to texture

Honestly in your opinion, is it even worth for me to even try? I am losing faith that it will ever reemerge. Not saying you haven't been valuable, without you, Purr4me, I wouldn't know this story. If anything I want to say thank you for the information you have given me thus far.

P.S: I don't know what FI means

Fi <-- Type O " If "

Correct.

I downloaded a few dozen mods looking for the glow maps. So far no luck.

In a couple of day's when I have more free time, I'll mount a few very large terabyte drives that has 11 years of downloads on them and sift through them looking for the mods.

yes, you would be advised to just make them your self. It's a single glow map. 1 file.

How ever, I wanted to give you the mod it came from. It's just a glow map / texture. with UV's for it------2 or 3 files max. the helm mesh file has the textures listed in it.

There are several ways You can hunt for it. Xedit fnvedit has a script called asset manager. when applied to say the DX armor plugin, and target a desktop folder ? you make that, you can see what the exact files you may already have

and see what it can draw from your own data base.

you can also see what the plugin is missing too ! That's will give you at least a a basis to go by.

I have one HDD that has about 200 gig's of software of 4 different games that contain fully extracted assets from all bsa archives and mods that I can look into for the correct assets and IF I find them ? I'll pack them up and send them to you.

it's worth it if you learn anything.