CTD on clicking save on pause menu. Please help.

uhmattbravo

Hi. I recently got the urge to replay Morrowind, but i've run into a problem. I can save the game if I try within the first few minutes of playing, but after a little while, clicking save on the pause menu guarantees a freeze then CTD. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do about this? I'd really like to get into a good playthrough without having to keep redoing stuff just because I tried to save.

I'm running the steam GOTY version with better bodies, Better clothes, better robes, better Morrowind armor, better heads, THE facepack compilation (non replacer), MCA, better signposts, Morrowind crafting, MCP, and MGE XE on a ryzen 3900x/ Rx5700xt system with 16Gb of ram and a pci-e 3.0 nvme ssd with windows 10 if any of that helps.

Even tried running it in win 7 and XP compatibility modes, but neither helped.

Also, I'd rather not deal with OpenMW because i'm not thrilled with the fact that it consistently keeps my CPU temp up around 60C and as high as 67C which is the hottest i've ever seen it get.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if I manage to get it running stable enough for an enjoyable playthrough, it's very likely i'll end up making some (arguably) cool stuff for it to share.

Edited by uhmattbravo