Editing NPC Appearance

medic975

So, I have 2 characters from Interesting NPCs that I really like and wanted to change their appearance some via the creation kit. Now, surprisingly enough, when I google Creation kit change NPC appearance I keep getting pointed towards tutorials on how to make a custom NPC. Or fixes for the grey face bug. That's not what I want at all.

What I tried to do was take the two NPCs and have them use the template data from another NPC. For example I wanted to change Amalee in interesting NPCs to have the face of Elven follower Aranya.

And Isobel from Interesting NPCs look like this great Breton model I found.

However, When I choose Use traits and get them to use those other NPCs appearances, I lost the great voice acting. Which is why I love those 2 characters and appear to lose the quest data.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me a better way to do this.

Before someone suggests using the NPC editor. I have all the skyrim textures unpacked and optimized so I cannot point that program at the texture BSA to install it. So it's not really an option. (Unless anyone knows a work around on that too.)

Thank you.

OK, this may work:

- Choose ActorBase for Template and check Use Traits

- Hit OK

- Open the NPC up again, uncheck Use Traits. His appearance will remain the ActorBase's but all traits will be available for editing

- Change the voice type back to the original value and save