Retexture problems

Supersponge

I recently decided I didn't like the little thing drapped over the shoulders of the female black leather set and decided to try my hand at trimming it. It seemed simple enough; I saw a similar modification to the male hood posted on the nexus so I looked at it to see what was done, and attempted the same with the tgas I pulled for the black leather, saved them as PNGs and tossed them into my override folder and no changes at all.

I'm pretty new to this so if someone could offer up some materials to help me get a better idea or give me a general idea of what I could have failed to do, that'd be awesome.

Chances are pretty good that your modifications did work, but were applied to the male version of the hood. A number of items have alternate meshes and textures for male and female versions. I remember a lot of the starter outfits work this way, Pyro comes to mind. The other possibility is not flagging texture overrides on in dsfix.ini, but obviously that would only apply if it was all mods that are refusing to work rather than just this one(?)

I might be totally off the mark, but it's probably worth checking out.

Chances are pretty good that your modifications did work, but were applied to the male version of the hood. A number of items have alternate meshes and textures for male and female versions. I remember a lot of the starter outfits work this way, Pyro comes to mind. The other possibility is not flagging texture overrides on in dsfix.ini, but obviously that would only apply if it was all mods that are refusing to work rather than just this one(?)

I might be totally off the mark, but it's probably worth checking out.

Yeah I made sure to get and edit the female version of the piece, rather than the male. It's just the single one, all the other retextures work fine. I don't really know what it is but I was derping around with other textures later and those changes were showing, so I'm at a loss as to why it's being so difficult. Maybe I'll swing it again and see what happens. Thank you for the help though.