Jaws of Hakkon and Descent are kicking my arse, what do?

LadyMiseryAli

• In the early stages try kiting your opponents from a distance so you can take them out individually and build up XP and skills. Do this also whenencountering larg parties otherwise you be overwhelmed very quickly
  • Place Barriers on everyone before going into battle, renew them regularly
  • take out the archers quickly particularly in Jaws of Hakkon - they can one-shot a weakly armoured party member
  • Use Rock Armour potions
  • Make sure you have the best armour and highest damage weapons possible
  • I find static cage helpful inthese DLCs so you can crowd manage groups
  • Have plenty of heal and healing mist potions
  • Don't forget to dispell any barriers on enemies
  • Place your mages behoind physical obstacles and use spells that do not need line of sight
  • Make sure each of your characters has an escape skill like fade step or leaping shot
  • Pause often and make use of tactical mode to better understand what's going on and reposition your team
  • Disrupt adversaries with swarm of bees, and get the strongest on YOUR side with confusion grenade (they canoften do more damage than you)

Hope this gives you some ideas. At level 21 it's tough, particularly on nightmare, but entirely possible.

• In the early stages try kiting your opponents from a distance so you can take them out individually and build up XP and skills. Do this also whenencountering larg parties otherwise you be overwhelmed very quickly
  • Place Barriers on everyone before going into battle, renew them regularly
  • take out the archers quickly particularly in Jaws of Hakkon - they can one-shot a weakly armoured party member
  • Use Rock Armour potions
  • Make sure you have the best armour and highest damage weapons possible
  • I find static cage helpful inthese DLCs so you can crowd manage groups
  • Have plenty of heal and healing mist potions
  • Don't forget to dispell any barriers on enemies
  • Place your mages behoind physical obstacles and use spells that do not need line of sight
  • Make sure each of your characters has an escape skill like fade step or leaping shot
  • Pause often and make use of tactical mode to better understand what's going on and reposition your team
  • Disrupt adversaries with swarm of bees, and get the strongest on YOUR side with confusion grenade (they canoften do more damage than you)

Hope this gives you some ideas. At level 21 it's tough, particularly on nightmare, but entirely possible.

Thankfully I got through them both. I did most of those things though. Made sure my armor was hardcore. In Jaws Of Hakkon, managed to get through it with cold resistance armor and potions. Descent, changed out Solas for Vivienne and was successful. Viv is my lightning mage and the boss was weak to lightning. Was worth it for the schematics, armors and levels I gained.