Time-dependent switch

Androidluxurygamer

Hello everyone, I have been looking for a time-based power switch for my factory for a long time.

This should be adjustable via a terminal or something similar.

It would be nice if I can set the switch, for example, so that it goes on after 1 minute and goes off again after 5 minutes.

The aim is to run 6 different machines one after the other.

If machine one has run for 5 minutes, then machine two should run for 5 minutes ... and so on

Is there a mod for it or would it be possible to program one?

Unfortunately, I don't know my way around this myself, and I can't really get used to all the logic gates, probably I'm just too stupid: D

I would be happy if someone can help me here.

Many Thanks

Maybe this "Timer Power Switch" mod will help:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10750

From the description it seems to do what you want. (I don't have it, so not 100% sure)

How to use:

• Lazy mode, Just like using vanilla power switches, build and place and connect, nothing else. the switches you build will automatically turn on/off according to the times of sunrise & sunset, and weather like heavy rain , etc.
  • User-defined mode, a holotape adds to player's inventory, play with pipboy or terminal, you can set switches options like on/off time, etc to your liking.

I think the mod would be possible for this but unfortunately I don't understand in which order I should switch something: / I'm unfortunately just a plumber not an electrician: D

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11165?tab=description

maybe someone has a clue how to do this with this mod?

Activate switch automatically one after the other and turn off the previous one

You mention it does it in game hours, according to this link: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/164594-fallout-4/answers/417159-how-long-is-the-day-night-cycle 1 minute realtime = 16 minutes in game. so just multiply by 16? wouldn't that work?

Also I would be interested in hearing more about this factory you are developing, as I also have some ideas! Let's connect! all the best.

Edited by dynose

I thought there already was a timer in game???

Timescale is generally 20 to 1. Unless the player changes it. There are also mods that change timescale, depending on what you are doing...... So, gotta watch out for that as well.

You don't even need a mod for that. Just the console.

set timescale to 6

is what I prefer myself.

---

• set timescale to <scale> – Sets the timescale, the ratio determining how fast game time moves relative to real time.
    • set timescale to 20 – 20 seconds pass in game for every second in real time (default setting).
    • set timescale to 1 – 1 second passes in game for every second in real time.
    • set timescale to 0 – Stops time of day.
    • show timescale Used without parameters returns the current timescale setting (doesn't always work).
    • Warning: Altering the timescale will cause the game to crash if NPCs spawned using placeleveledactoratme or moveto player enter into combat.
    • Note: A timescale of 0 will prevent actors to cross cell borders.
    • Note: Reducing the game timescale reduces fast travel time as well.