Heavy Traffic ×

Immersion Mods: Perishing Flames, Weathered Camps and Decaying Corpses

SkinkFargle

Some ideas I had for immersion mods:

Perishing Flames: Open flames and camp fires that are not continually attended by NPCs will burn out. They can be reactivated by the player character if he/she is carrying three pieces of firewood. Should be made Frostfall and Hypothermia compatible. Flames will only burn for a day or a night unattended.

Weathered Camps: Similar to the one above, camps which are not attended by NPCs will begin to fall apart over time. The tents will collapse and eventually be consumed by the earth. The pots, pans and supplies will also be surrounded by grass and weeds.

The player character can erect the tent again, if it's at an early stage of decay. Now if you slaughter a band of brigands and return to their camp some weeks later, you won't find the fires burning and the camp fully functional!

Decaying Corpses: If bodies are left in a particular spot for over three in-game weeks, they decompose (vampire morph & discoloured flesh, perhaps) before finally becoming skeletons and being consumed by a surrounding of grass blades and weeds. They can also attract skeevers and wolves.

As far as fires that just blaze on 24/7 365 days a year I 100% agree.

Even in the creation kit, there is no type of fire that has an On/Off function.

If every lamp, torch, and fire in Skyrim could be extinguished, or relit, it would add sooo much realism.

I immagine this is not very difficult for a skilled mod wizard!

+1