Ferelden Elves Mod NPCs missing hair

marleymars

I'm new to pc gaming so I really have no idea what I'm doing. I downloaded the Ferelden Elves mod that makes Origins elves look like DA2 elves, and I'm having two problems. The first is that my player character just looks like a normal base game elf, although the mod is working on all the npc elves. Secondly, a good number of elves are missing their hair and I can see inside of their heads. I downloaded the required mods, but I'm using the vortex manager for the ones i downloaded off nexus and just manually downloading the ones from external sites. Could this be causing the problem? I'd appreciate some pointers at any rate. Thank you!

Did you create your player character in the character creator after installing the prerequisite elf update or was it a downloaded preset? And yes, installing the cosmetic mods (or really, any mods for DAO) with Vortex can cause the mods to not work correctly. Try reinstalling everything conventionally to see if the mods work correctly then.

Edited by theskymoves

I wouldn't use Vortex to mod DAO at all, but the choice is yours.

Mods used in the character creator (for the player character) must be correctly installed and functioning, with a working chargenmorphcfg.xml file, prior to starting a new game.

Missing hair indicates that you've not installed a mod required by the NPC morphs. The only hairstyle mod I see in the Ferelden Elves requirements is Tucked Hair... I'd double check that it has been correctly installed to the override folder.