Best Way To Avoid Settlement Building?

Zanderat

I get that you can do whatever you want. I have been playing Bethesda games (TES and FO3+) since Daggerfall. But specific to FO4, I just wanted to get through the MQ so I could try llamaRCA's Heather companion mod (and a couple of others). It's a relief to hear that the bs settlement stuff is avoidable to do so.

You might see it as BS and I don't like it anymore either.

However to customize player homes and bases it is the best feature in the series.

Maybe only challenged by Morrowind's "Kill anyone and make it your home" feature.

Personally, I've done every nonradiant quest I can, finished the main quest, completed the DLCs, and done a few of the higher rated quest mods. I even tracked down all of the radio signals.

What keeps me playing is the RP of using my prewar knowledge and strangely advanced science skills to help rebuild the Commonwealth as a place where humans, ghouls, synths and robots can all coexist and prosper... which is basically a lot of settlement building.

Personally, I've done every nonradiant quest I can, finished the main quest, completed the DLCs, and done a few of the higher rated quest mods. I even tracked down all of the radio signals.

What keeps me playing is the RP of using my prewar knowledge and strangely advanced science skills to help rebuild the Commonwealth as a place where humans, ghouls, synths and robots can all coexist and prosper... which is basically a lot of settlement building.

Same, but I also use an alternate start mod, so my character is not the "sole survivor", but just "a random guy" at the beginning ...