Fallout 4 Plugins Not Loading Despite Them Being Marked as Enabled in Vortex

luigistyle

OK, navigate to your G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data folder

Are the mods, and esps, esms, and Ba2, or BSA files in your Data folder?

If not, something is preventing the hardlink from being made from the Mod Staging Folder, to your Data folder.

OH!!!! Check the File System on the SSD drive!! If it's anything other than NTFS then Hardlinks won't work.

So if it's Fat32 etc, Links won't work, it needs to be reformatted to NTFS, and for some reason it seems that SSD drives are Fat32 by default, at least that's what's happened when other people have had this problem when using an SSD drive

If not, something is preventing the hardlink from being made from the Mod Staging Folder, to your Data folder.

OH!!!! Check the File System on the SSD drive!! If it's anything other than NTFS then Hardlinks won't work.

So if it's Fat32 etc, Links won't work, it needs to be reformatted to NTFS, and for some reason it seems that SSD drives are Fat32 by default, at least that's what's happened when other people have had this problem when using an SSD drive

All the mod files appear to be in the specified directory, and the SSD is infact on NTFS. G8H9fAd.png

All the mod files appear to be in the specified directory, and the SSD is infact on NTFS. G8H9fAd.png

Well damn, that's all I have.

Click the Bell Icon in Vortex, are there any warnings you've missed?

If the same files are showing up in the DATA directory, that are also in the Mod Staging Folder then they should definitely be showing up in the game

Well damn, that's all I have.

Click the Bell Icon in Vortex, are there any warnings you've missed?

If the same files are showing up in the DATA directory, that are also in the Mod Staging Folder then they should definitely be showing up in the game

Nothing in the notifications in Vortex. Thanks a ton for trying regardless and for the quick responses, I'll see if I can think of anything else that might resolve my issue. Will try and remember to report back if I manage to fix it.

Fixed it!! For some reason, my FO4 in Vortex was on an alternate profile that wasn't Default, with the options for both having its own savegames and settings ticked. I created the Default profile, made sure both settings were unticked, then I transferred my mods to said profile.

Fixed it!! For some reason, my FO4 in Vortex was on an alternate profile that wasn't Default, with the options for both having its own savegames and settings ticked. I created the Default profile, made sure both settings were unticked, then I transferred my mods to said profile.

Well that was weird, but gives me one extra thing to ask people who are having problems.

Thanks for coming back and describing what the problem actually was, it will definitely help people who are having the same problem, instead of the dreaded "NVM, Fixed It" that a lot of people do.