Unexpected token f in JSON at position 3031

PixelDemonsDragons
Go to solution Solved by Nagev,

So I think it might be an error with vortex.deployment.json but i cannot find it in any files at all. I've read other's had success with other .json errors by either renaming it or removing it. can someone please tell me how to find it?

Check C:\users\YOUR NAME\appdata\roaming\Vortex

nothing shows. i've tried reinstalling as well.

So I think it might be an error with vortex.deployment.json but i cannot find it in any files at all. I've read other's had success with other .json errors by either renaming it or removing it. can someone please tell me how to find it?

Well, I don't know what game you're playing, otherwise I'd tell you to look in the Game Folder or in the Documents\My Games\ game folder

Well, I don't know what game you're playing, otherwise I'd tell you to look in the Game Folder or in the Documents\My Games\ game folder

it's resident evil 2 (remake)

Well, I know for Bethesda games the vortex.deployment.json file is in the Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder

So, check your Resident Evil Game folder

Well, I know for Bethesda games the vortex.deployment.json file is in the Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder

i checked there, it's not listed there either. i can't seem to find it anywhere in my PC. random json files do show but none for vortex.deployment.json

• Solution

Hi there - the cache is located inside your game's staging folder ("%appdata%/vortex/residentevil22019/mods/invalcache.json" by default unless you moved the staging folder somewhere else) - it's used to keep track of which filepaths Vortex had been previously invalidated so that Vortex can restore the filepaths as required. There's currently a bug in 1.4.9 which can cause the cache to become corrupted which should be fixed in 1.4.10 (will be released sometime this week)

I'm afraid that since your cache is corrupted, there's a chance that even if you manage to manually fix the cache file (you can try to do it using https://jsonlint.com/) Vortex may lose track of some invalidated file paths and therefore will never be able to restore them - this may not be a big deal if you still have a mod installed which overrides that specific filepath, but if you do manage to fix the cache file and notice weird in-game behaviour (e.g. zombies with missing heads) then you will have to delete the invalcache.json file and verify your game's integrity through Steam in order to fix that; after the file integrity check, you can click the deploy button and all your mods should be re-instated.

Please do not delete the invalidation cache without checking the game's integrity as that will just cause Vortex to lose track of all the filepaths it had invalidated.