Skyrim not loading from SKSE launcher (resolved)

Ezio1503

A few days ago my game stopped loading from the SKSE launcher, despite making no changes in the days prior.

I searched for similar problems and followed various advice to verify game cache, run as admin etc but still received the Steam Application Load Error P:0000065432 when attempting to load from the SKSE launcher. Skyrim would still load from the TESV launcher but as I use Sky UI this was not acceptable.

Using Nexus Mod Manager (which I used to install it) I uninstalled SKSE and searched for any residual SKSE files before installing again following Gopher's video guide. My game is now running as it should so it would appear that some form of conflict arose; possibly from a Steam update which I have set to automatic?

Load order

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

0001BertsBreezehomeRemodel.V.2(esm).esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Unofficial Dawnguard.esp

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

SkyUI.esp

0001BertsBreezehomeRemodel.V.2(esp.2.0).esp

0001BertsBreezehomeRemodel.V.2(Grotto).esp

Like you I could no longer launch Skyrim from SKSE launcher. I received the same error code. And now that you mention it, it was after a Steam update.

Anyway, I followed your suggestion, uninstalled SKSE, installed it again...and still received the same error.

I then logged out of Steam, logged back in and this time I was able to launch the game using the SKSE Launcher. No more errors. :dance:

So thank you for sharing what you did to solve the problem and anyone else experiencing the same error, don't forget to exit Steam and log back in again.

(I still find it strange though that we had to uninstall and install SKSE because a Google search showed me that a lot of people are receiving the same error code but play completely different games. Fallout 3, Football Manager, etc.

I don't play any of these games but I'm sure they don't use SKSE so it is kind of weird that the SKSE uninstall/install did the trick. After all it seems to be Steam related and has nothing to do with the invidual games. :confused: )

Hi, thanks for the feedback and I'm glad that it helped. Sorry for not mentioned the Steam logout but I had tried so many things, stopped recording each step of every method tried and mostly, just glad to be playing the game again!

Sometimes logging out then logging in resets some site parameters - Haven't seen this often enough to be sure what it does change though.

Sorry I seemed to have jumped the gun with this solution as it only provides a temporary fix for me.

I switch off my PC when I am at work and overnight and each time that I attempt to load Skyrim from the SKSE launcher I get the Application Load Error; as Steam runs updates at each initial login. I cannot find a way of preventing Steam from applying these updates, I can only prevent automatic updates in the Properties of each game that I have on Steam.

The only way around this, that I have found, is to put Steam in Offline Mode which lets me fire up Skyrim from the SKSE launcher even after getting the error whilst in Online Mode. I have yet to investigate what limitations this places on me but as Skyrim is single player I doubt that there is too much that is detrimental.

Google searches seem to suggest that Valve are slow (or fail) to respond to support requests, so I am not confident in raising one despite the error seeming to originate from Steam.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few days ago my game stopped loading from the SKSE launcher, despite making no changes in the days prior.

I searched for similar problems and followed various advice to verify game cache, run as admin etc but still received the Steam Application Load Error P:0000065432 when attempting to load from the SKSE launcher. Skyrim would still load from the TESV launcher but as I use Sky UI this was not acceptable.

Using Nexus Mod Manager (which I used to install it) I uninstalled SKSE and searched for any residual SKSE files before installing again following Gopher's video guide. My game is now running as it should so it would appear that some form of conflict arose; possibly from a Steam update which I have set to automatic?

Load order

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

0001BertsBreezehomeRemodel.V.2(esm).esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Unofficial Dawnguard.esp

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

SkyUI.esp

0001BertsBreezehomeRemodel.V.2(esp.2.0).esp

0001BertsBreezehomeRemodel.V.2(Grotto).esp

Thanks, I had just updated my game around 2 mins ago!

CCleaner is a utility program for Windows (NOT specific to games) that originally started to clean out garbage programs that came installed on computers. (originally called CrapCleaner, but for some reason when it became popular they changed the name) Now it has become by far the best FREE Windows registry cleaner around - and it has a lot more functions also. Be careful when using it as it can clean your passwords - (as any registry cleaner can) if you allow it to wipe out all of your cookies. It does have a feature that allows you to mark any cookies you want to keep - as some of these do include your passwords. There is also a undo feature if you do screw it up.

Here is a clean link to ccleaner: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/ccleaner_slim.html - The slim version does NOT include the useless toolbar that the full version has.

Be sure to read the documentation to be sure you don't clean something you didn't intend to.