Skyrim not loading from SKSE launcher (resolved)

Ezio1503

Thanks a million, guys...I shut down my laptop last night and then when I decided to play Skyrim today, I got that blasted error message. I was sitting here thinking I was the only one that got the error message so thank you for all of these awesome tips.

Thanks yet again....

Edited by AldmeriReina

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Everyone, (I think) I've found the problem, which also explains why taking Steam offline, Closing it, or restarting your computer seems to (temporarily) fix the problem.

The Application error is causedwhen SKSE attempts to start Skyrim, whilst your save files are being uploaded to the Steam Cloud. Steam won't let you play games when any of their files are being uploaded, and Skyrim saves can vary from a few megabytes to over 20 (depending on progress/mods). Steam's not very fast with it's uploads either (ever tried submitting a GIF to an Artwork page? You'll see what I mean).

To fix it, simply wait for the upload to finish, and then run SKSE. If the game doesn't run (sometimes the warning message prevents it), just close and reopen steam (logging in and out might work too). Worked for me first try.

If you want a more permanent fix, try disabling "Steam Cloud Synchronization" in the "Updates" tab for TESV's Properties. That should stop the upload that crashed SKSE when you open Skyrim straight after it closes (assumingly from an in-game crash). But you won't have an online backup, so make sure to do it yourself.

Hope I helped everyone :D
~ Talwick.
http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/images/110/23554219-1448342842.jpgMy experience: Running 238 mods without a mod organiser.

Edited by Talwick

Everyone, (I think) I've found the problem, which also explains why taking Steam offline, Closing it, or restarting your computer seems to (temporarily) fix the problem.

The Application error is causedwhen SKSE attempts to start Skyrim, whilst your save files are being uploaded to the Steam Cloud. Steam won't let you play games when any of their files are being uploaded, and Skyrim saves can vary from a few megabytes to over 20 (depending on progress/mods). Steam's not very fast with it's uploads either (ever tried submitting a GIF to an Artwork page? You'll see what I mean).

To fix it, simply wait for the upload to finish, and then run SKSE. If the game doesn't run (sometimes the warning message prevents it), just close and reopen steam (logging in and out might work too). Worked for me first try.

If you want a more permanent fix, try disabling "Steam Cloud Synchronization" in the "Updates" tab for TESV's Properties. That should stop the upload that crashed SKSE when you open Skyrim straight after it closes (assumingly from an in-game crash). But you won't have an online backup, so make sure to do it yourself.

Hope I helped everyone :D

~ Talwick.

http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/images/110/23554219-1448342842.jpgMy experience: Running 238 mods without a mod organiser.

I know what you mean. Were it take like 1 to 2 seconds for nexus it takes about 10 to 15 seconds for steam

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

SOLUTION RIGHT HERE:

Ok assuming you guys haven't figure out why yet, if you're logged in on a different steam account from the one you have skyrim on with all the mod, then the error will pop up. Just log in the right account and the error should be gone.

Simple as that.

some of us have multiple steam account either smurf of siblings who play games. If you are on their account, then its likely they don't have skyrim install thus the error pop up.

• 2 months later...
Hey guys. Just wanted to say that I got the same message. I was freaking out but for me the solution was only to restart my laptop soo yeah, I thought it could be of use to someone out there.

• 4 months later...

Great replies and fixes everyone, I have the opposite problem though. When I open Skyrim and after it synchronizes the subscribed mods, the saved games screen comes up and I pick a game the game locks up (not CTD) use task manager to get back to desktop. Every time I use I use the Skyrim banner to load the game this problem happens. When I use the SKSE banner to load the game it opens, synchs, and loads a saved game fine. This problem has only occured in the last two days, and I have used SKSE hundreds of hours. I have had no previous problem opening the game with either banner, sometimes my finger makes the choice for me rather than a conscious thought.

I'm just an old guy that loves to game, both video and table top. I have no real understanding of how computers do what they do, so the vast majority of my ability to use a computer is via trial and error bolstered by suggestions and instructions from friends and family. My grown grandkids have to show me how to use my smart phone as more than just a phone. I really appreciate all the help I can get from them and great people such as yourselves.

Thank You All

• 6 months later...