Photo

Mods download but don't install. New to mod manager: help?

help not working mods download not installing

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

adampardoe

adampardoe

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

When I download a mod it goes into the download manager. It downloads fine. But nothing else happens. It doesn't move into the list of downloaded mods, nor does it disappear (the download manager does say 0/1). I can't for the life of me work out how to move it into the 'plugins' section. 

I've looked online for instruction videos, but they were all made when the manager was new so they don't work at all. I've tried uninstalling the mod manager and redownloading it... twice. I've tried it out with 4 or 5 different mods, all with the same result.

This is my first time using the patcher so it could be that I just don't know how to use it. which I strongly suspect it is, however I can't find any pages that detail this problem, and as such I have been unable to find the solution. Thanks. :)

TheMadKhajiit

TheMadKhajiit

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Go to the mod in the mod section and double click on it, this should activate the mod so you can use it.

SunChilde

SunChilde

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
<p>I'm having the same issue. The mod does not appear in the mod section, or in the plugins section.&nbsp;<br />
<br />
Specifically having this with the high quality 3D maps mod, and the Quality World Map Mod.&nbsp;<br />
<br />
*fixd* Never mind, they were hiding deep within the plugins folder. Wonder why they didn't move directly to mods and just be turned off though? Odd.&nbsp;</p>

Edited by SunChilde, 16 May 2013 - 09:58 AM.

RaiyanLeeShukran

RaiyanLeeShukran

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

i activated all my mods but some of the are in plugins while others are not please help me

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Premium Member
  • 24,973 posts

Not every mod has an esp or esm - these will not show as plugins. This is normal.

oxboxalfa

oxboxalfa

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

yeah this is kinda complicated to do im having the exact same problem and have no clue how to transfer what's in mods to the plugins file :wallbash: I've seriously  been trying to do this for like 3 hours! plus the mods I checkmark in the plugins file don't even transfer to the actual game like they are not even connected . can you guys add an insanely detailed step by step tutorial on your website ore youtube because they are ALL out of date and not detailed enough for us nexus newbies.  ps. I am a steam user if that is of any relevance

thank yall kindly :laugh:

and bben, sry but I couldn't find anything about this exact issue in your link maybe you could shine a little more light on the situation and if I missed something can u copy and paste here plz

bben46

bben46

• Premium Member
  • 24,973 posts

Detailed instruction -

After using NMM to DOWNLOAD a mod. (downloading does NOT install the mod) it should appear on your Mods list but NOT the plugins list ( click on the MODS tab at the top to see the MODS list)

it will have a red x beside a newly downloaded mod indicating that it is available to be installed.

Double Click on the name of the mod (NOT the red x) you should see a progress bar for most mods as it is installed. Then the red x should be replaced with a green check when it is complete.

Now, if you want verify, go back to the Plugins tab (FYI, this shows the load order of your mods) - a new mod will usually appear at the bottom and should have a check in the box to verify it is active - if the mod shows in the list without a check, click on the box to get a check there. If the mod includes an esm, that will  appear above all of the esp instead of at the bottom. Then it may have an esp also that should be at the bottom.

You can make changes in the load order on the pulgins list.

If you do all of this and the mod still does not show up in the game. (Skyrim only) http://s1.zetaboards...opic/4841706/1/

addimate

addimate

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

it works that way

Edited by addimate, 18 September 2013 - 12:43 AM.

Bonn40

Bonn40

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

*Heavy sigh*

I'm having trouble getting things to work. Only one of my mods are working for Fallout New Vegas. The others won't show up in the game, but installed correctly. That, and my game crashes when multiple mods are active. I'm starting to get very annoyed with this 'Monkey wrench in the cog' situation. :wallbash:

bben46

bben46

• Premium Member
  • 24,973 posts

There are 2 pages to the NMM, the page where it opens is called the Plugins page, on it the mods are - by default in load order and can be moved around. There should be a check in the box if that mod is active.

The other page, the Mods page is where newly downloaded mods go. If they have a red x, they are installed , but NOT activated, - double click on the mod name to activate  and they should show a green check when they are active.

Then, not every mod shows in the lists -if they don't have a esp or esm they may be just texture replacers that don't show.

Windows can also block the mods.

http://s1.zetaboards...opic/4912979/1/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, not working, mods, download, not, installing

Page loaded in: 1.010 seconds