Photo

Mods download but don't install. New to mod manager: help?

help not working mods download not installing

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

joebinne2

joebinne2

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

You guys don't understand a word of the issue here. 

The issue IS NOT : I cant put a mod that is under "Mods" in the "Plugins" section.

The issue IS NOT : One of the mods under "Plugins" doesn't appear in the "Mods" section.

The issue IS NOT : I don't know how to activate a mod.

We all know that. We know how to activate a mod, we know the good procedure and we've done it for 80 other mods before.

The issue IS : After downloading a mod, it is supposed to appear in the "Mods" section, but it doesn't. The mod simply finnishes downloading, and nothing else appens. It is not in the Plugins section, because I didn't activate it, because it is not showing up in the "Mods" section.

In my case, it's Dovahkiin relaxes too. I had the same issue with interesting npc. Now that this is clear, does anyone have a fix for this ?

EDIT : In the "Mods section, there is a button to switch the mod manager view. Doing this removes the categories and our hidden mods finally show up ! :D You're welcome.

surfwater401

surfwater401

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 24 posts
I'm having a difficulties too. But I can't go online to download any mods?....
It worked perfectly fine the other days, and then now...I can't get it to work. It says something like "necus mod manager has been temporanily didabled"? I don't understand. It says go onto nexus site and sign in. I've done that, I am already signed in. I signed out to see if it makes a difference. But won't. I can only go offline.
On steam , I can go online. But not nexus.
I do have wifi btw?
What's going on here? Anyone know?

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Premium Member
  • 24,973 posts

Read the site news.

Simplified definition of disabled: - Not working

For offline use of NMM - you do NOT have to log in - just click on offline.

Unlike steam ( which is not affiliated with Nexus in any way) the Nexus mods can be downloaded without a mod manager - that's the way we did it for most of the last 12 years here. The mod manager is a new thing, but at least on Nexus it is not required to download mods.

danielcook

danielcook

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

You guys don't understand a word of the issue here. 

~

EDIT : In the "Mods section, there is a button to switch the mod manager view. Doing this removes the categories and our hidden mods finally show up ! :D You're welcome.

gj!

jim_uk

jim_uk

There's someone watching me, I can tell.

• Premium Member
  • 39,708 posts

*Heavy sigh*

I'm having trouble getting things to work. Only one of my mods are working for Fallout New Vegas. The others won't show up in the game, but installed correctly. That, and my game crashes when multiple mods are active. I'm starting to get very annoyed with this 'Monkey wrench in the cog' situation. :wallbash:

You should post your load order on the new vegas tech help board, you have a conflict or a missing master. 

Oversight99

Oversight99

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 4 posts

Having the same problem as the OP....

Mod downloads, but does not get put into the mod list.

(Other mods download just fine)

Checked all directories and it appears that the mod was extracted and is in cache like it's supposed to be, it's just not showing in the mod list at all. Happens most often with mods that are multiple downloads from the same mod page, and that also have scripted installs.

Seems to be an issue in the most recent version(s) because I don't remember it ever happening before.

Riggshammer

Riggshammer

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'm having kind of the same problem and it says that the mods are installed but then it shows no plugin list or tab, how do I fix this?

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Premium Member
  • 24,973 posts

I'll make a wild guess here that you are most likely playing Skyrim as you didn't bother to tell us what game.

Is this your problem?  http://s1.zetaboards...opic/4841706/1/

or this? http://s1.zetaboards...opic/4912979/1/

I have seen far too many posts that just say "I'm having the same problem as OP" - when after looking into it - it's not even close.

First, READ some of the posts, search for similar problems 90% of the time you will find the solution within 5 minutes.

Now, For troubleshooting it helps if we know something about what you are trying to do, and what you are trying to do it with.

Game - yes, knowing what game you are having a problem with is important. NMM may work fine with one and not another.

Game version (If you don't have the latest why not?)

NMM version - (if it is before 0.46 - you need to upgrade before doing anything else)

Any helper programs (SKSE? or other)

Where you installed ( path)

Operating system ( Win8, 7, Vista, XP, other)

Anything else you can tell us.

benswimmer

benswimmer

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

i donloaded it but it didnt even appear in the mods section help plz

benswimmer

benswimmer

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

wait nevermind i found it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, not working, mods, download, not, installing

Page loaded in: 0.870 seconds