Photo

Mods download but don't install. New to mod manager: help?

help not working mods download not installing

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Brogan98

Brogan98

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I still have a problem

I download the mods and they have the red x but I double click and they go to a green tick but some wont go to the plug in list

how do I fix this ?

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Premium Member
  • 24,973 posts

What game? What mods?

legoTNT02

legoTNT02

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

i just had the sam problem and now its fixed THANK YOU SO MUCH

Thiefenz

Thiefenz

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Read the site news.

Simplified definition of disabled: - Not working

For offline use of NMM - you do NOT have to log in - just click on offline.

Unlike steam ( which is not affiliated with Nexus in any way) the Nexus mods can be downloaded without a mod manager - that's the way we did it for most of the last 12 years here. The mod manager is a new thing, but at least on Nexus it is not required to download mods.

this right here. this fixed my problem... hopefully.

I had the same problem as you OP except the mod I had wasn't even working and would C2D on start if I attempted to install an alternative to the point where it just C2D every time I launched the game; this is even after removing eery trace of the hidden file I could.

TheGreenie

TheGreenie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

You guys don't understand a word of the issue here. 

The issue IS NOT : I cant put a mod that is under "Mods" in the "Plugins" section.

The issue IS NOT : One of the mods under "Plugins" doesn't appear in the "Mods" section.

The issue IS NOT : I don't know how to activate a mod.

We all know that. We know how to activate a mod, we know the good procedure and we've done it for 80 other mods before.

The issue IS : After downloading a mod, it is supposed to appear in the "Mods" section, but it doesn't. The mod simply finnishes downloading, and nothing else appens. It is not in the Plugins section, because I didn't activate it, because it is not showing up in the "Mods" section.

In my case, it's Dovahkiin relaxes too. I had the same issue with interesting npc. Now that this is clear, does anyone have a fix for this ?

EDIT : In the "Mods section, there is a button to switch the mod manager view. Doing this removes the categories and our hidden mods finally show up ! :D You're welcome.

Not to necro, or anything, but...that edit right there just cured hours of my frustration, where I could download a mod but for the life of me it was inexplicably not showing up in the Mods tab. I must have misclicked the "Categories" section or something at some point, but clicking "remove all categories" got the blasted mod to finally show up in NMM - went from "128" mods to "129".

There were no other separate categories that I could see before, but apparently something must have happened there....

ZappsZapper

ZappsZapper

• Premium Member
  • 13 posts

Hello I have downloaded the mods and they never show up in the game. I have a PC and Fallout 4 within Steam any Ideas whats wrong?

ZappsZapper

ZappsZapper

• Premium Member
  • 13 posts

I have tried again and I do not get the message anymore, but I do not see the mods appear in fallout 4 am I missing something?

vullnetameti77

vullnetameti77

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

- Skyrim mods top files section

- I can download the mods just fine

- some mods are working and they have been installed

- but when I try to install other mods that i downloaded it crashes NMM and im not sure why... kinda dumb -_-

Edited by vullnetameti77, 15 December 2015 - 02:33 AM.

ZappsZapper

ZappsZapper

• Premium Member
  • 13 posts

now when I use the launcher in the mod manager it crashes fallout 4 and I have to scan the files inside the Steam program to fix it so it will work again!! Tried this many times!!

UhuruNUru

UhuruNUru

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 866 posts

*Heavy sigh*

I'm having trouble getting things to work. Only one of my mods are working for Fallout New Vegas. The others won't show up in the game, but installed correctly. That, and my game crashes when multiple mods are active. I'm starting to get very annoyed with this 'Monkey wrench in the cog' situation. :wallbash:

Quite simply learn to mod first, i'm not being nasty, i mean it, we all need to learn the basics of modding.

Try watching these videos

Beginner’s Guide to Modding Skyrim

Though for Skyrim, the basics are almost exactly the same and these vids are for complete noobs to modding and assume no PC knowledge at all.
They are a very good and detail the core facts you need for Fallout 4 as well as Skyrim.
As modding developes, Gopher will create Fallout 4 versions, but the basics are almost the same for every TES/Fallout title since Morrowind.
The only thing that gopher hasn't mentioned in his current Fallout 4 vids, is that *.BSA Archives are now *.BA2 Archives, but apart from the file change. They have the exact same function.

Modding isn't and has never been the simple subscribe process that Steam Workshop uses. SW only downloads files to folders, nothing more.
Plugins it leaves to Bethesda's inadequate launcher.
From my sig it's clear I don't use NMM as a rule, I do not like it and think it too simplistic, but I'm a PC power user and can trash my PC for fun, just to see what happens.
For a PC and/or modding beginner, using NMM is as simple as modding a Bethesda game gets. Anything less complicated isn't doing what's actually required for the most basic modding, unless using only a single mod.
So watch the Vids and learn the basics, only you can mod your game. You do not know enough about the basics to do that just yet.

Modding can be great fun, but it's not for everyone, the end result in game is not the fun I mean, the process of modding takes time and effort
If you don't find it fun to do the actual modding, honestly, maybe modding isn't for you.
Using the odd mod or two is as far as you should go.
Modders will usually, always, spend more time doing the modding and less acually playing the modded game and still find it fun, even the frustrating mistakes, can be fun to fix, however infuriating they may be when they occur.

So learn the basics from Gopher and you'll soon be thinking NMM is too simple for you.

now when I use the launcher in the mod manager it crashes fallout 4 and I have to scan the files inside the Steam program to fix it so it will work again!! Tried this many times!!

Most likely your Plugin Load Order needs adjusting. Again, learn the basics from Gopher, this is fundamental knowledge you need. You're just reversing the modded changes by Verifying the cache with Steam. Not fixing the problem with your mods. Which then appears once again, when you repeat the same mistake.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, not working, mods, download, not, installing

Page loaded in: 0.879 seconds