Creation Kit Object Catalog

Sdesser

Heya!

Have you ever tried looking for a specific piece in the Creation Kit for your dungeon / home etc. mod?

If you could download a catalog with pictures of pretty much all the pieces for creating areas that are available the Creation Kit, would you?

I have about 150 something hours clocked in the Creation Kit. I've only created one dungeon and one player home so far.

When creating something like that, I feel like most of my time is going to finding objects in the creation kit that would suit my needs the best.

Some times I find something and later, on some other day I could find a piece that would have been better for that place.

Basically, I kind of got the motivation to start building again, but I feel like I don't want to loose the inspiration in the middle of the work because I get bored of finding the correct pieces.

So because of that, I've started to catalog all of the Creation Kit Objects under the "Static" category. I'm starting off by screenshotting the Creation Kit view with the path of the object visible and highlighted.

Once I'm done screenshotting everything, I'll use IrfanView to batch crop everything useless out of the images and finally I'll make a catalog with all the pieces categorized, so that I'll be able to find the piece that I'm looking for, or to browse alternatives.

So, what do you guys think? Would you use something like that?

Example Screenshot here:

(I used the raised dwemer floor for perspective and scale)

http://i.imgur.com/XP1aYHF.png

Would you be interested in helping me in this project? Send me a PM! :)

-Sincerely,

Sdesser

One object at a time? Maybe you should go through the objects in groups, putting in the odd insert here and there for variations.

In the final catalog, the objects would ideally be organized in groups.

First under environment, 'Green Caves' for example, then under 'Walls', 'Corners', 'Floors' and so forth.

And of course you could see something like 6-15 objects at the same time on your screen.

• 11 months later...

is this still a thing? because holy crap would this help newbies who don't know where anything is!!! i've been messing about for a day or so and i'm having just the hardest time! it would be cool to see everything in even more specific catagories other than just where they are in the world. i'd like to see all the wall lamps, all the beds, all the bed rolls, all the doors, all the barrels, ect ect. this would be an amazing project to see finished if it hasn't been done already!!!!