English language files/mod

janisk31

I installed Morrowind from my old CDs and problem there is that the base game is in english while both expansions are in german. So in the game now I have some mixed mess where some stuff is in german and others is in english. So for example audio language is english while subtitles are in german.

Is there some way to get the english localization for every part of the game?

IIRC, you cannot use German expansions with English version of Morrowind.

As for getting English localization is to buy Morrowind GotY and I think you buy it at a fair price on Steam or on gog.com.

Sure you can. Have never played Morrowind in any other way. Always english base game and german expansions.

I dunno.... 15-20€ for a 20 year old game is pretty much in my opinion? I rarely pay more than 30€ even for a new game.

Wouldn't I just need the english tribunal and bloodmon .esm files to have everything in english? I mean, I could basically open them up in TES construction set and translate everything manually, would be the same result.

Don't really understand why, though. If I buy the game on gog or steam I will many different languages available. And I own the original game.

It doesn't matter if you own the original game, because translating the expansions from German to English or vice versa without having permission from Bethesda is illegal.