Suggestion: reward system for expert users helping newbies

doubleDizz

Let me just say here that I think the OP has very good intentions with this. I am not so sure it was meant as a rant so much as a desire to improve things...and that is always welcome.

Now...as was said...right now Skyrim is the hot potato and getting all the attention. That isn't to say that other forums don't get love and many people do still watch them. In fact I have noticed that the Fallout games have gotten a little resurgence lately (games seem to cycle...Morrowind got a bit of love right before Skyrim came out....the Witcher will prob be next with the release of the SDK.)

People here are very helpful but there are tons of post every day. Your question may not be answered immediately. And yes...it may not get answered at all. I truly believe that most folks that help would like, more than anything else just for the person that they did help to come back..say "yes this worked" and a great big "thank you." I don't think that any fluff will make people help more of less. That being said it still may be good to look into. People deserve to be recognized when they do good things, if they care about that sort of thing or not.

So in my opinion, and I have been around here a while...the best way to get help is 1) search first to see if the answer is around somewhere already 2) post your question in a polite manner with as much relevant information as possible 3)if and when you get an answer come back and tell folks that yes this is what solved the issue 4) thank the person that helped you in the thread, give them a kudo if you wish (and I agree the kudos need to be back to a more easily available scheme) and maybe even a short "thank you" note. If you find your answer elsewhere...be one of the people you want there to be here and come back to post the answer to your own issue in case someone is looking back later.

If you don't get an answer don't assume that people don't want to help...it just may be bad luck or something no one knows that is around. People come and go in this place and at any given time there are different levels of expertise. I still would place my bets on finding good and reliable info here more than anywhere else.