Editing Gift Approval Values

buzzin99

Approval changes - including those conferred by gifts - are managed by scripts, and we don't have the source code for Awakening.

Have you tried the console command zz_gxa_addapproval?

If you'd like to write your own script to modify approval (you'll need to make sure it's copied to the correct scope to work in DAA), something like this should work:

void main() {
    string sInput = GetLocalString(GetModule(),"RUNSCRIPT_VAR");
    int nApproval = StringToInt(sInput);
    object oChar = GetMainControlled();
    AdjustFollowerApproval(oChar,nApproval,TRUE);
}

If you create a new script with the content above and compile it, you could then run it by taking control of the character whose approval you want to modify, opening the command console, and typing:

runscript scriptname <approval change>

So if you want to bump it by 10, it would be: runscript scriptname 10

Good luck.

Hi buzzin99! There's also another way to do this that doesn't involve scripting so long as you have the Feastday Gifts & Pranks DLC installed. Load up on "thoughtful gifts" from Bodahn (they net you a +10 approval each time you give them to a companion) & use them to max out Oghren's approval in DAO. Hang on to all the booze-related ones you collect in DAO that are meant for Oghren & make sure you have them in your inventory when you beat the game. They will then port into Awakening (so long as you import your warden, of course :wink:). You can then use them to raise Oghren's approval enough to trigger his personal quest. I learned this from my days as a console gamer before I discovered the magic of mods. If you are into modding, you might want to go the scripting route for the practice if anything. Have fun whatever method you end up using & stay well out there!

Best,

FIREFLY11