Obtuse name for SKSE64 in Vortex

rpgfreak9999

@HadToRegister I downloaded the archive to my PC and dragged it to Vortex's bottom box in the mod page. That will leave you with an uninstalled mod with a blue button next to it prompting to install the mod.

Had I downloaded it via the Vortex prompt, it would have skipped straight to installing the mod to green "Enabled" status.

@HadToRegister I downloaded the archive to my PC and dragged it to Vortex's bottom box in the mod page. That will leave you with an uninstalled mod with a blue button next to it prompting to install the mod.

Had I downloaded it via the Vortex prompt, it would have skipped straight to installing the mod to green "Enabled" status.

Why do people download mods manually and then Drag it to Vortex, when they can download the mod Manually to their Vortex DOWNLAODS folder and Vortex will auto detect without having to drag it to Vortex?

What is "TIMVAK GAME FOLDER AND FILES"??

Is it a Folder? Because if so, it should NOT be showing in the Mod Tab.

Guest deleted34304850

@1ae0bfb8 Nothing "out there" (nsfw, etc.) going on in my setup. You can see only 4 Vortex mods, but I didn't have any mod setup in any other mod manager elsewhere either.

I suspect something was hacked, and a practical joke was played on the TES community.

i'm currently building out a new skyrim game and just a couple of days ago downloaded and installed the latest skse64 - its fine. then i did it yesterday to see if anything had happened - it's fine.

this is 100% something in your environment.

I wonder, the way you drag/drop to install SKSE, if Vortex is using any kind of checksum to validate the mod and it thinks its something it isn't, based off the value of the checksum?

If you double click the SKSE mod a panel should open up on the right of your screen, which will give you some meta data about the mod. Could you do that, and see what it says?

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

Ok so I'll see if I can track down which lord of edginess did this, but what's happening here is pretty simple once you know how it works.

When you drop a manually downloaded file into Vortex it goes to the API and says "hey, I've got a file with this MD5 hash, does it exist on the site?" and the API returns a list of file entries that match (if it's been uploaded several times). So someone has uploaded SKSE64's zip file (probably to a hidden or deleted mod page) with that silly name. Therefore Vortex thinks that's the correct match for the 7zip file.

Once you actually install the archive the "Script Extender Installer" extension will takeover and rename it properly, so it's just a temporary annoyance.

This is part of the reason I set up mod pages for the Script Extenders because someone did this for the SKSE build on the old Skyrim. The only way to truly fix it would be for Silverlock to allow us to host SKSE/SKSE64/F4SE properly on these mod pages.

OK Picky, if you have a reason that this could happen for SKSE64 - can you come up with a reason that it has only happened for this one user?

As far as I have seen - no one else has reported this, and we are not able to duplicate it through testing.

Not like SKSE64 is a rare install...

OK Picky, if you have a reason that this could happen for SKSE64 - can you come up with a reason that it has only happened for this one user?

As far as I have seen - no one else has reported this, and we are not able to duplicate it through testing.

Not like SKSE64 is a rare install...

Because it's something unique the the OP's system.

I asked 3 times what the "Tinvaak Game Folder Files" was, and why a folder is showing up in his Mod List, and that question was avoided and ignored like the plague each time I asked

• 3 weeks later...

Happened to me too, and a couple other people according to a Google search. It's just rare that someone manually drags the SKSE64 archive into Vortex and sees this bogus Nexus link I guess. It's not 'something unique in his system'.

Anyway it should be fixed on Nexus, this thread is a month old and I still came across this issue. Trying to find out what was going on through a Google search led me to a page full of blocked by antivirus Russian websites and I had to allow Google to display more results to find this thread, like some sort of convoluted trap.