Wizard World of Harry Potter Mod (All-In-One)

torgola

The idea is to create a complete mod, which modify Oblivion completely, re-creating the whole Harry Potter's Wizard World. At the beginning, I tough it would be difficult, but in fact, many of the needed things for this mod are already made (or partially).

Flying Brooms:
Wands:
Spells:
Castles (for reference, when building Hogwarts):
Moderns Days/Months:
Start the game out of the prison:
Werewolf Curse:
Dragons:
In my opinion, with all these mods together, the only problem would be to create the places (Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley, and many others). I found a easy way to re-create the movie characters inside Oblivion:
And also, I've planned the whole system for factions and quests, including the history (which should happen in 2017, when Albus Potter left for his first year in Hogwarts).
Your character is an eleven years old boy/girl (will need a child mod, and an aging mod too) which had just started his classes at Hogwarts. At the first 7 years, your character will learn spells and make quests inside Hogwarts (the character will start with level 11, and every time you level up, the game will "jump" one year, creating a timeline, and allowing your character to age).
When you have finished your studies, you can look for a job (faction). The factions will be:
- Auror (Recommended, First Year Novice, Second Year Novice, Third Year Novice, Formed Auror)
- Hogwarts (Student, Professor, Deputy Headmaster, Headmaster)
- Quidditch Player (Novice, School Player, Professional Player, League Player, Champion)
- Death Eater (Initiate, Assassin, Agent, Favorite, Dark Lord, Lord of Death)
Note:
The Death Lord position can be awarded if you collect the 3 Deathly Hallows as a Dark Lord. Remember: the Elder Wand is inside Dumbledore's Coffin (in the book), the Resurrection Stone is somewhere in the Forbidden Forest, and the Cloak of Invisibility is still with Harry Potter, which actually is an Auror.
You can look for the Deathly Hallows being a "good guy" too, but then you will become the Master of Death ("Deathly Hallows" faction, with only this position), and will be forced to leave the Deathly Hallows at some point. Read this for a better reference:
Each one of these factions will create its own "main quest", giving a different end depending of your choice. I can take care of the history, but I need help with the side quests and with the buildings. Someone is willing to help?
Edited by torgola

• 7 months later...

I'm working on a mod to add children, and I must tell you, a mod to permit aging would be pretty much impossible. It would require the player to change races in the middle of the game—even if this is possible, creating an appropriately aged version of the previous face would require manual input.

So, sad to say, the player would be unable to attend Hogwarts as a student. Unless Hogwarts attendance is presented through a "tutorial mode" using premade avatars. The problem with this is that it takes away from what would otherwise be a very "personal" experience.

The easiest approach is to just assume that the adult player character has already graduated from wizard school, and can "visit" Hogwarts without needing to attend.

I'm willing to help with side quests and voice acting, but I can't help with models or textures. Sorry.

• 4 months later...

Probably it will be easier to create a game like that using an engine, like Unity, instead of Oblivion Mods :/

I need to learn how to create mutable characters, just like Oblivion do, but I think that won't be impossible at all. Help with the side quests, voice acting, textures and models probably will still be very useful.

• 6 months later...

I'm working on a mod to add children

So uh, how is that coming along? >.>

I've got my new computer and the game's all installed. But I forgot to download the Construction Set, Blender and NIFSkope while I was at campus with unlimited Internet. So there will be a further delay.