Bow and Arrow / Tribesman MOD

doubleDizz

I thought that since bows are in Skyrim, it wouldn't be as hard as it once was to add a Bow & Arrow weapon mod to New Vegas...?

A bow and arrow mod could pave the way for more role-playing options. For example, a character that doesn't use any "modern" conventional firearms, and instead relies on things made from the land.

If you need to understand why this could be interesting, here's a mock backstory for the mod...

"Originally the inhabitants of the deeply remote Vault 31, the <name> tribe emerged out into the waste assuming they were the only people left on the planet. The tribe spent their formative years in the wastes taking everything of use from the vault, but the various implements, complicated mechanical parts and materials from a finer age, eventually rusted or broke down to junk. In their stead, the tribe began crafting weapons and implements of their own; bows, arrows, spears, knives, even makeshift explosive devices. The tribe grew strong.

This is the story of one of those tribesman. One, who after a life-destroying loss, picked a direction and walked away from everything he knew.

This is the story of the Tribesman."

So someone make the Bow and Arrow mod and I'll write the story =D haha

Ho-kay, yeah, I've just remembered I researched this before and there was- yes was only one mod to date for a bow and arrow, and it was taken down (from what I read) by the author in a fit of rage.

Though, here's a video of what I assume was once that mod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qMwradWw3Y

Edit: Oh in-case you didn't know, there is a crossbow mod available. It isn't a bow but it's as close as you're going to get.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47798/?

Edited by ArekkusuStorm

Ho-kay, yeah, I've just remembered I researched this before and there was- yes was only one mod to date for a bow and arrow, and it was taken down (from what I read) by the author in a fit of rage.

Though, here's a video of what I assume was once that mod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qMwradWw3Y

Edit: Oh in-case you didn't know, there is a crossbow mod available. It isn't a bow but it's as close as you're going to get.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47798/?

Holy cow that bow and arrow video is pretty tight! It was available on the Nexus but the author took it down? Do you remember why? Do you know if it's exclusive on another mod community?

Hmm but I wonder. Doesn't that look kinda like the animation in Oblivion? Maybe it's just similar cause it's the same kinda action.

Holy cow that bow and arrow video is pretty tight! It was available on the Nexus but the author took it down? Do you remember why? Do you know if it's exclusive on another mod community?

Hmm but I wonder. Doesn't that look kinda like the animation in Oblivion? Maybe it's just similar cause it's the same kinda action.

Yeah, I actually PM'd to him about it. Do a search on bow and arrow in this forum and you can see the details re: what he told me. In quick summary he had said that he had lost the mod (it was on a pc packed away or something). When I told him we had it and just needed his permission to use it, he had replied that no one had showed any interest in teh mod when it was released.........

Wait do you actually have it? If the author is actively saying he doesn't want it publish then I guess there's nothing to do. But still I hope this gets out online somewhere I can just imagine how much cool mods could be made and I hope the author will come around and let it online especially if he lost the mod himself so as to allow the community to further develop it.

Wait do you actually have it?

I did at one time, but I suspect it's lost to the ravages of time

If the author is actively saying he doesn't want it publish then I guess there's nothing to do. But still I hope this gets out online somewhere I can just imagine how much cool mods could be made and I hope the author will come around and let it online especially if he lost the mod himself so as to allow the community to further develop it.

The downside is that even if it gets out all across the net for personal use you wouldn't be able to use it (specifically the animation) in any other mods without the authors permission. A complicating factor is that there are accusations that is uses KF's from Oblivion, which would also be a copyright infringement.

But honestly the same thing could be done if a generous animator wants to make a KF from scratch, the rest could be done by any number of mod authors on the site. I'm sure there are ton of motion capture examples that could be used. But I'm only just touching on the whole subject of key frame animations so it's beyond my pay grade right now (and probably for a while yet to come).

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...