Cursor arrow keys don't work in the search box

HadToRegister

Enter search term, drop down list appears.

Down arrow changes highlighted entry down by one

Up arrow changes highlighted entry up by one

Right arrow changes highlighted entry down by several

Left arrow changes highlighted entry up by several

Shift + left arrow or Shift + right arrow highlights entered text one character at a time

Ctrl + left arrow or Ctrl + right arrow jumps to the beginning or end of the entered text

After having used Shift + R/L arrow or Ctrl + R/L arrow the left and right arrow keys can be used without modifiers to move among the entered text one character at a time.

Hope this is helpful.

Enter search term, drop down list appears.

Down arrow changes highlighted entry down by one

Up arrow changes highlighted entry up by one

Right arrow changes highlighted entry down by several

Left arrow changes highlighted entry up by several

Shift + left arrow or Shift + right arrow highlights entered text one character at a time

Ctrl + left arrow or Ctrl + right arrow jumps to the beginning or end of the entered text

After having used Shift + R/L arrow or Ctrl + R/L arrow the left and right arrow keys can be used without modifiers to move among the entered text one character at a time.

Hope this is helpful.

So where was all this info posted?

It was helpful, but makes the search box useless for me and anybody that uses the Cursor arrows for navigating letters and words when editing text.

The reason I use the cursor keys to move the cursor around in the text filed is because my hands aren't as steady as they used to be and it's hit or miss to use the mouse to land in between the two letter of a word I'm editing.

It wasn't anywhere. I saw your post and did some testing.

It could still be helpful. You've entered your search text, saw the results, opened any of interest in new tabs via right click. Now you want to change the search text a bit. If the text you want to change is closer to the beginning press Ctrl+Left arrow then press right arrow till the cursor reaches the correct spot. Otherwise press Ctrl+Right arrow and use the left arrow to move the cursor.

The search box isn't useless, just needs a modifier to change focus for where the arrow keys function that is all.

It wasn't anywhere. I saw your post and did some testing.

It could still be helpful. You've entered your search text, saw the results, opened any of interest in new tabs via right click. Now you want to change the search text a bit. If the text you want to change is closer to the beginning press Ctrl+Left arrow then press right arrow till the cursor reaches the correct spot. Otherwise press Ctrl+Right arrow and use the left arrow to move the cursor.

The search box isn't useless, just needs a modifier to change focus for where the arrow keys function that is all.

Thanks to Google, this trend in making a UI more difficult to use has become commonplace.