Modders should not be allowed to lock bug reports/community feedback

IC1N525iMML5H1DJojyT

I agree with HTR. It's always the mod author's choice. But locking the comments is better than removing them.

I am going to be magnanimous and believe the author deleted the comments by accident and only meant to lock the threads. We are all human and all make mistakes.

Yea, delete the comment section on ONE Mod, I would say "It was a mistake", delete the comment section on every single mod, is NOT a mistake.

And a wealth of really good information that was easily accessible, that allowed you to fix your problem, without ever having to bother the mod author was lost , and now those same questions go unanswered on their forum.

I just closed the comments section on one of the mods I am responsible for. I haven't played the game in years, haven't seen any new bug reports in the same time frame..... and never was able to convince the boards to send me notifications when someone commented in any event.....

Technically, the comments are never deleted when the author does that, they're just hidden.

Well, it's good to know the comments still EXIST, even if they can't be viewed, I guess.

Just curious ... if the mod author can be convinced to restore the comments and then lock them instead, will it work?

Technically, the comments are never deleted when the author does that, they're just hidden.

Well, it's good to know the comments still EXIST, even if they can't be viewed, I guess.

Just curious ... if the mod author can be convinced to restore the comments and then lock them instead, will it work?

That would be perfect

Yes. That would work.