skse_loader.exe CTD after bethesda logo

roman11777

When I start the game through skse_loader.exe, the Bethesda logo plays and I can see a flash of the main menu before the game crashes.

There is no error or anything. The game just flat out closes itself.

I have a few mods installed, like Deadly Dragons, SkyUI and Deadly Mutilation.

What do?

Edited by roman11777

No, you don't understand. It's only when I launch it through the SKSE loader it does this. I can launch it normally through steam and play it just fine with no issues at all, but a lot of the mods I have installed require SKSE. Edited by roman11777

CTD at logo screen is usually a mod dependency issue. It's likely that at least one of the mods in your load order is missing a master and relies on SKSE, so you CTD at the logo screen only when you launch the game via SKSE.

Download and run BOSS, as previously stated, then download TES5Edit and load all of your plugins in it. If TES5Edit stops loading the plugins and bounces an error message at you, the plugin that causes the error is the one that is missing a master.

When I activate boss I get brought to a webpage that reads "Javascript to be enabled in order to function."

Except I have Javascript enabled.

What do I do?

You don't have javascript enabled for the default web browser you are using to launch html files. Alternatively, you can use the BOSS GUI to set text format for the log output.