Morrowind May Modathon Month 2021 - A Modding Competition for the Community!
May 1st - June 1st!
- I Lava Good Mesh Replacer By Melchior Dahrk
- Griefers By Stripes
- HUD Encumbrance Bar By OperatorJack
- Thrown Projectiles Revamped By Discontinuous Qualia
- Dynamic Book Size Adjuster By Merlord
- Jay's Fletching for Go Fletch By bigJayB
- Olafs Best Cloaks in Town By MorrowGoblins
- Secret Master apparatus restored By Zaria
- Stealth By Mort
- Mass Cure By Danae
- Weapon Sheathing Additions By Remiros
- CCM Lead the Way By CCM
- Quieter Doors By LeahTheUnknown
- More Exclusive Factions By Lucevar and Gavrilo93
- Jobasha's Spell Tomes By Trancemaster_1988
- Daedric Estoc By insicht
- Legion Field Gear By Endoran
- Eltonbrand Replacer By Johanrosen aka Trancemaster_1988
- Dirty Muriel's Expansion By Endify
- Immersive Drulene Falen's Hut By RandomPal
- Thongar Tradehouse Expanded By RandomPal
- Unnecessary Censorship By Safebox
- Prerelease Prisonmoon By Leyawynn
- Grip of Death By Archimag
- Stats By JaceyS
- Altar of the High Fane By FyreAlchemage
- mtrTribunalEraser By MTR
- Mostly-Mini Claymore By Tizzo
- Imperial Round Shield By Trancemaster_1988
- Frenzy n'wahs By Archimag
- Dash By Archimag
- King's Oath Replacer By Trancemaster_1988
- Netch Adamantium Armour Integrated By RandomPal and Cythus
- KickMaster By Archimag
- The Arcane Philosophies By Glittergear and Aravar
- Enchanted Item Cost Rebalance By JackBNimble
- Akulakhan's Best Chamber By Duo Dinamico
- Picks Are Pretty Awesome By HMCascade
- Time Shift By Archimag
- Try Before You Buy By Virnetch
- Daedric Telvanni Robe By Ruffinvangarr
- Dirtier Cozier Muriel's Cornerclub By MachoHamRandySandwich
- Daedricwind By Hrnchamd and Hardek and Necrolesian
- N'wah Shooter - Marksman Overhaul By Archimag
- Guar Ranch By Danteson
- Guarno Coffee By Merlord
- Control By Archimag
- The Cottage By Melchior Dahrk
- Big Icons By JaceyS
- Relevant Rumors By Elanhant
- Ash Holes By Stripes
- Bomberman By Archimag
- Killing Spree Helluva ways to kill By Sandman Danae Cognatogen Denina
- Dallara Balmora By Dallara1000
- Moon-and-Star OST By Morrodict
- Ultra AI By Archimag
- Same Low Price Fix By ClockworkAngels
- Sload Floater - Giant Bull Netch Replacer By Melchior Dahrk
- Properly Fitted Female Pants By Discontinuous Qualia
- Remiros' Uniques By Remiros
- Coffee Tables (Modder's Resource) By Istreddify
- Even More Mysterious Killings in Vivec By Endoran
- mtrBalancedBirthsigns By MTR
- Know Thy Ancestors By Xero Foxx
- Health Perfectionist By Skyline777123123123
- No Thank You By Necrolesian
- Distraction By Mort
- BattleMage By Archimag
- Indoril Armor By CemKey and Zobator
- Oblivion-Style Enchanted Items By Matrix Prime
- Adjustable Landscape Texture Scale By Greatness7
- Properly balanced Creeper and Mudcrab By RandomPal
- Escort Caius By Zaria
- Dunmer's Strongholds By Dallara1000
- Vaernis' New Armour and Shields By Vaernis DonnerGott Danae
- Runes and Totems By Archimag
- mtrDaedricOfferings By MTR
- Fast Cast By Archimag
- Dungeons Rest By Stripes
- The Flash By Tel Shadow
- Almalexia's Glow By Tel Shadow
- The Balmora Manor By Tel Shadow
- Basic Island Of Seyda Neen By Tel Shadow
- Cluttered Chargen Ship By Tel Shadow
- Auramancer By Archimag
- ManaShield By Archimag
- Wares for Mods By Danae
- Best Spell Readied Animation Replacer By Dagoth Ur (Stripes)
- Dzragvin Ruins By Tel Shadow
- Mimuard Ruins By Tel Shadow
- Rebuilding RavenRock By Tel Shadow
- VampChair By Tel Shadow and BigBoss
- Armor Rating By Archimag
- Bonecave By Tel Shadow
"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say." - J.R.R. Tolkien
In the early days of May 2002, a little game was released called The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, the third entry in a relatively obscure series, filled with ambitious concepts and ideas that would ultimately pay off, saving Bethesda from bankruptcy, selling millions of copies, and becoming one of the most popular games for modding at the turn of the century. Now for most games, that would be where the story ends, but the greatest games never die, and Morrowind continues to live on, not just surviving, but thriving, and 19 years later is home to a growing modding community that has more than doubled in size in the last few years, building new worlds, crafting new adventures, and creating new experiences for this amazing game, with over a thousand new mods released each year, including over 1300 new mods released last year alone!
Now today, in order to celebrate the 19th Anniversary of this truly remarkable and one-of-a-kind game that we all know and love, we're once again hosting a May Modathon Month, the 7th Annual Modding Competition for the community, which has become the largest annual modding competition in the entire TES modding scene! Throughout the entire month of May, participating modders on the Nexus and Morrowind Modding Hall who submit Morrowind mods could get a chance to win indie or AAA games each week. Likewise, all participating mods will be entered to win one of the Masteries, by becoming the most popular mod in a particular category!
Not only that, but all winners will get trailers, special showcases, and numerous video features on Morrowind Modding Showcases. And the winners of the category Masteries will naturally get featured in our Mod of the Month series, celebrating the best mods released for Morrowind each month. Not only that, but this year we're once again handing out achievements, little badges that you can unlock and plug into your mod download pages!
The 2020 Modathon was one of the biggest modding competitions held for an Elder Scrolls game, with about 230 new mods getting submitted by dozens of different modders, and with your help, we can make this year an even bigger success! The best games never die, so let's make Morrowind better than ever before with tons of new mods!
Once again this year, we're including achievements that you can earn and unlock by releasing mods! These are little badges that you can plug into your mod download pages, and we have over 70 achievements that you can unlock! Release a quest mod? Achievement Unlocked! Get over 100 downloads? Achievement Unlocked! See the full list of achievements down below. Some of these achievements are rare or unique, others are common, and still more are hidden and can only be unlocked by accident or chance. Try and collect as many as you can and become a Modding Master of Madness!
Full Achievement List:
- Champion of Legends - Release the most popular Quest or Guilds & Factions Mod
- Champion of the World - Release the most popular Landscape or Landmass Mod
- Champion of Life - Release the most popular Companion, Creature, or NPC Mod
- Champion of Artistry - Release the most popular Graphics, Animations, or Audio Mod
- Champion of Comfort - Release the most popular Player Home Mod
- Champion of Clutter - Release the most popular Items Mod
- Champion of Enhancement - Release the most popular Gameplay, Bug Fix, Patch, or UI Mod
- Champion of Culture - Release the most popular Towns and Cities Mod
- Champion of Dungeoneering - Release the most popular Dungeon Mod
- Champion of Immersion - Release the most popular Immersion Mod
- Champion of the Community - Release the most popular Modder's Resource or Utility
- The People's Choice - Most Endorsed Mod
- Numbers Matter - Most Downloaded Mod
- Army of One - Most Prolific Modder
- Emperor, King, and Justice, Citizen - Achieve the highest cumulative number of endorsements for all mods released for the Modathon
- A Warrior's Legacy - Unlock all Silver and Copper Achievements
- Master of Madness - Earn the highest number of unique achievements
Rare (Silver) Achievements:
- A Show Of Power - Achieve at least 25 endorsements and 1000 downloads with a Modathon Mod
- You Are A Credit To Your House - Achieve at least 25 endorsements on a Modathon Mod
- Cliff Racer Fly So High - Release at least 5 mods for the Modathon
- The Nine Divines - Release at least 9 mods for the Modathon
- Lesh Make A Deal - Achieve over 1000 downloads on a Modathon Mod
- Destined for Great Things - Achieve 1000 combined downloads for all mods released for the Modathon
- Cult of Personality - Achieve 50 combined endorsements for all mods released for the Modathon
Uncommon (Bronze) Achievements:
- Let Me Tell You A Story - Achieve at least 10 endorsements on a Modathon Mod
- Triple Threat - Release at least 3 mods for the Modathon
- I'm Creeping! - Achieve over 100 downloads on a Modathon Mod
- Jack-Of-All-Trades - Release a separate mod in at least 4 categories
- Double Trouble - Release at least 2 mods for the Modathon
- Back for Another Round - Release Two Mods in the Same Category
- No N'Wah Allowed - Release a mod using only vanilla assets
- Adventures Await - Release a Quest or Guild/Faction Mod for the Modathon
- New Horizons - Release a Landscape or Landmass Mod for the Modathon
- Im-Leet and Rolf the Uber - Release a Companion, Creature or NPC Mod for the Modathon
- I Like the Way You Look - Release a Graphics, Animation or Audio Mod for the Modathon
- Morrowind is Home - Release a House Mod for the Modathon
- Cluttermonkey - Release an Items Mod for the Modathon
- Let Me Tweak That - Release a Gameplay, Bug Fix, Patch or UI Mod for the Modathon
- The Only Game In Town - Release a Town Mod for the Modathon
- Better Take A Torch - Release a Dungeon Mod for the Modathon
- Let Me Immerse You - Release an Immersion Mod for the Modathon
- You and I Are About to Become Very Close - Cooperate with at least one other modder to release a Modathon Mod
- Seen Any Elves? - Release a mod on Solstheim
- City of Light, City of Magic - Release a mod in Mournhold
- Novice of Madness - Release a mod in your first Modathon
- Veteran of Madness - Release a mod in two or more Modathons
- CHIMming It - Release a mod in three or more Modathons
- The Lusty Argonian Maid - Release a Resource for the Community
- Ahh Yes, We've Been Expecting You - Release a Mod on May 1st
- May The Fourth Be With You - Release a Mod on May 4th
- May The Ides Be Ever In Your Favor - Release a Mod on May 15th
- Cutting It Close - Release a Mod on June 1st
- The Hope of the Redoran - ???
- Ice And Chitin - ???
- Odd Rumor - ???
- Breathing Water - ???
- We're Watching You, Scum! - Release a mod affecting the Vaults of Vivec and/or the Ministry of Truth
- What's Mine is Mine - ???
- Exterminator - ???
- Literacy Campaign - ???
- Gotta Join Them All - ???
- Disappearance of the Dwarves - ???
- Cloudcleaver - ???
- Dreams and Visions - ???
- Fundamental Attributes - ???
- The Good Daedra - ???
- Lifeless Ones - ???
- Material Gains - ???
- Meow - ???
- Moving Corpses - ???
- Oneness - ???
- Practice Your Skills - ???
- Who's There? - Release a mod which utilizes or modifies the stealth system
Frontier, Conquest - ???
Dunmer Cooking Secrets - ???
The Stranger - ???
Alms For The Poor - ???
Argonian Mission - ???
Available for Hire - ???
Backup Plan - Release two or more mods within 48 hours
Barbarian's Sad Tale - ???
Dark Business - ???
Excavation Report - ???
Nothing Left - ???
Protector of Morrowind - ???
Provide Comfort - ???
Strange Devices - ???
Participation and How it Works:
You can participate by leaving a short note in the mod description page of your mod at Morrowind Nexus or Morrowind Modding Hall that includes "Part of the May Modathon Month" somewhere near the top of the description or use the "Modathon 2021" tag to mark your mod as a competition entry.
Every week five different modders will be selected at random to win a single AAA or Indie game, and the way this works is that we'll compose a list of all participating mods released that week, plug them into a random number generator, and the first five results we get back will be the winners for that week.
If you win in one of these weekly drawings, I'll send you a message on the Nexus or Discord notifying you that you've won and providing a list of games you can choose from as your prize. We have about 300 games to give away, so hopefully you'll find something you want on there!
Now, we're doing something a little differently this year for the grand prizes, instead of having a judged competition where there's one grand winner at the end of the month, this year we're having multiple winners and we're letting the people decide! The mods with the most endorsements (or reviews, in the case of mods uploaded to Morrowind Modding Hall) in each category (Gameplay, Immersion, Dungeons, Quests, Landscapes/Landmasses, Player Homes, Graphics and Audio, Towns and Cities, Items, etc....) by June 30th will be declared the masters of those categories, and win additional prizes as a result, including achievements and 2-3 game prizes for each grand winner in each category!
We'll be going by whichever categories you upload your mods on the Nexus to, and obviously, some categories (like Weapons and Armor) will be counted under broader categories like "Items". If you have any questions regarding how this will all work, exactly, feel free to post them below!
In total, there's 11 categories with Masteries (and other categories of mods will be included under one of the existing categories, if you're posting a mod to Miscellaneous for example, we'll include it under the category that makes sense, depending on the mod, or you can include what category you want it to be included under in the mod description):
- Gameplay Mods/Bug Fixes/Patches/UI (Depends on UI mod, some may be categorized as Graphics)
- Graphics Mods/Animations/Audio/Shaders
- Immersion Mods
- Modder's Resources/Utilities
- Player Homes
- Towns and Cities
Overall this competition and giveaway is pretty easy to understand, and there aren't a whole lot of rules involved, but there are a few things we should clear up just in case.
First, all types of mods are perfectly acceptable. From texture replacers to gameplay tweaks to content mods like house mods, quest mods, or dungeon mods. All of those are fine and will be accepted for the competition! The only kind of mod that will NOT be accepted is cheat mods, i.e. placing a barrel full of loot in the middle of Seyda Neen or placing a Daedric longsword in the Census and Excise Office. Cheat mods like that will not be considered for the competition.
Also, we accept both tes3mp and OpenMW mods, as well as MWSE Lua mods! Regardless of which platform your mod is designed to work with, all will be accepted!
Second, all submitted mods must be, at least for the most part, safe for work. Questionable content is acceptable so long as it isn't the entire mod, remember we have to showcase these and we can't showcase adult-themed mods on the channel!
Also, it should be pointed out that for larger mod projects, you can submit a demo or playable beta of your mod as part of the competition and it'll be perfectly acceptable. I do need to stress that it must absolutely be playable though. Any mod that crashes to desktop upon loading the game will not be considered.
In addition, we ask that all participating modders please only release a maximum of 5 mods per day, there were some issues last year with mods getting buried, and we want everyone to have a chance to have their mods get seen! Also, we won't be counting very quick CS edit mods as counting towards achievements, in order to encourage less spam.
Remember, this only applies to mods released in May, so let's all get to modding and make this the 19th Anniversary that Morrowind deserves!
If you don't know how to mod, check out our Let's Mod Morrowind series for a visual guide to modding - including interiors, basic scripting, and quest design.
If you have any questions about this event, please leave a comment or send me a message!
Want to check out our past Modathons? You can find playlists of the 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 Modathon competitions down below!
- Modathon 2015 - The First Annual Modathon - 15 Mods Released
- Modathon 2016 - The Second Annual Modathon - 29 Mods Released
- Modathon 2017 - The Third Annual Modathon - 29 Mods Released
- Modathon 2018 - The Fourth Annual Modathon - 89 Mods Released
- Modathon 2019 - The Fifth Annual Modathon - 240 Mods Released
- Modathon 2020 - The Sixth Annual Modathon - 231 Mods Released
Edited by darkelfguy, Yesterday, 08:34 PM.