new Win10 PC hates my NVidia card, frequent shutdowns

The basics-

I purchased a refurbished Dell Optiplex 7020 with Win10 installed about 2 weeks ago. Spent time transferring my data from the old PC. Took parts out of it I wished to use in the new PC. Shutdowns began instantly, usually 30 seconds-5 minutes after booting to Windows. Ultimately determined it to be the GPU, an eVGA NVidia GTX 750 Ti SC. It's apparently a driver crashing issue, these precede the shutdowns in Event Viewer-

File System Filter 'npsvctrig' (10.0, ‎2025‎-‎01‎-‎05T22:41:12.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.

File System Filter 'FileCrypt' (10.0, ‎2002‎-‎03‎-‎01T07:12:42.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.

I have had no shutdowns when running on the onboard Intel chip. Installing NVidia's current drivers & wiping old ones did not fix the issue. I've tried a few other fixes, nothing. I could try Win10 Debloater as some have reported success regarding this very issue but it's not 100%.

Has anyone had experience with solving this problem? I prefer not to buy a new GPU right now. As it stands I will have to keep my old Win7 PC active to play Oblivion & Skyrim. The GPU is still good, working fine in the Win7 PC.

"REFURBISHED"

I avoid Refurbished whenever it comes to Electronics. mainly because to me it means that one, or a few things in the system were replaced, due to overheating, age etc, but all the other electronic parts are still aging, and still being exposed to heat/overheating and are only going to fail eventually.

You might be experiencing WHY it was Refurbished in the first place.

It could also be the Power Supply is way underpowered to power the card

On Amazon an NVidia GTX 750 Ti SC has 400 W PSU as Minimum.
I wouldn't run it with anything under 500 W for some "headroom"

I have a NVidia GTX 750 Ti and I have a 750 W power supply, because even when they say 300W Minimum, that Power supply is also supplying power to the hard drives, cpu, mobo, fans, lights and everything else.
It's always better to outwatt your your wattage requirements.

I swapped in my 500W PSU at the time, an ENERMAX Tomahawk ETK500AWT, the same one I run the card on in the old PC.

I have found references on Google to others having similar crashes with the very same entries in event viewer, which indicates that the graphics drivers are crashing which causes an instant shutdown because Win10 can't handle it.

Edited by diosoth

I swapped in my 500W PSU at the time, an ENERMAX Tomahawk ETK500AWT, the same one I run the card on in the old PC.

I have found references on Google to others having similar crashes with the very same entries in event viewer, which indicates that the graphics drivers are crashing which causes an instant shutdown because Win10 can't handle it.

Interesting, I'm using 27.21.14.5730 driver for the GTX750 Ti on Windows 10 with no crashes.

Are they saying the newer drivers are causing the problem?

Interesting, I'm using 27.21.14.5730 driver for the GTX750 Ti on Windows 10 with no crashes.

Are they saying the newer drivers are causing the problem?

Not necessarily- the results I'm pulling vary on card brand, drivers, etc.Sometimes it happens only while running a game, others like in my case are almost instant. The drivers crash, Win10 shuts down before it can have a chance to recover.

However if it is a power draw issue, I am using a 24-8 pin adapter(Dell uses an 8-pin connector), I may return the one I bought and try a different brand.

There is also a chance that the DELL board and BIOS are interfering with your GPU and it's drivers. Some of these prebuilts are pretty locked down, which makes upgrading them challenging.

There is also a chance that the DELL board and BIOS are interfering with your GPU and it's drivers. Some of these prebuilts are pretty locked down, which makes upgrading them challenging.

Dell is usually pretty good about that kind of thing....

Using some older drivers might be a good first attempt.

This is the specific card I'm using-

https://www.evga.com/products/specs/gpu.aspx?pn=2af49523-559f-4b95-af14-f0c2a5d70b26

I picked it as my old Gateway Win7 PC is really cramped for space inside, this is the only 750 short enough to not overlap the RAM slots.

I am going to order a different brand PIN adapter, but will also clean the current drivers & find an older download. I'm still using it in the Win7 PC with no issues.

BIOS is-

Brand Dell Inc.
Version A18
Date 5/30/2019