Wisdom of the Ancestors - An Elder Scrolls RP

AurianaValoria1

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Blessed are they who face the wind and do not bend, blessed are they who face the water and do not drown, blessed are they who face fire and do not burn, and blessed are they who face evil and do not falter!"

The chanting war cry was heard by the first wizard right before his head rolled upon the ground, his body convulsing for a moment before falling to the ground. The next attempted to parry the rushing blade that cut through the air, but failed miserably, his head split in two before he could raise his hands up high enough.

Standing stone as her foes dropped before her, the Knight Commanders eyes met those of the next three who stood before her, each of the elven guard drew their gold-hilted blades and stood ready for attack, their formation perfect and their stance arrogant, they were trained killers in their own right. But before them stood Wrath, and It's edge had drank the lifeblood of all who had faced it, as they dropped to the dirt and faded forever.

After what seemed millennia, the Thalmor soldier who stood on the far left charged recklessly towards the Knight with his blade raised high, only to find a slash several inches deep carve into his stomach, his armour penetrated like tin, his innards decorated the cobbled path as he writhed in agony, his life taken in an instant as the thirsty blade descended upon his head.

"You leave not this place, Thalmor, you shall die here today." The Knight Commander's voice was low and deep, eyes fixed with the eyes of her next foe.

"We shall see, Knight!" With spat words, the soldier on the right carefully approached, his blade meeting Wrath in a spark as the metals twanged together with some force, the Daedric blade moved not, but the elven steel shook violently upon contact. Withdrawing his blade, the elf quickly drew his blade up, scraping across the breastplate of Sienna's armour, and as his hands finished their rise, his throat was impaled upon the edge of Wrath, looking in disbelief for a moment until the blade was pulled free, and his vision gone.

Smiling as she approached the commander, he threw his blade to the ground in surrender and bent to his knee.

"Knight Commander I bow to you! Please, allow me my life this.. Ugh!" His words were cut off as his head was severed from his shoulders.

As the battle ended, Wrath rested with it's blade deep in the earth as the Knight sat to pray, clutching her amulet of Talos she recited various verses of holy writing as she sat cross-legged in a circle of bodies, just along the side of the road that lead to Whiterun...

At first there was a flash, the sickening feeling of a fall, and then there was nothing.

A light breeze sifted through plains surrounding Whiterun, gently blowing the grass to and fro. A river snaked its way through the Earth, leading to a roaring waterfall coming down from the mountains, mercilessly pounding the rocks below. The odd bird called eerily into the air, and even this close to Whiterun one could hear the wolves howling in the depths of the forest.

On the shore of the river, at the bottom of the waterfall, lay two Nords, a man and a woman, motionless on the muddy rocks. One of them wearing a unique layered armor and chainmail, the other in heavier plate-mail armor. Slowly, as several minutes passed, the man stirred, groaning. Slowly his blue eyes opened, squinting in the sunlight, before he found he could move again.

He tested moving his arm. Weak, but still usable. His legs were regaining function as well. His shallow breathing was punctuated with a sharp pain in his lungs and back, enough to nearly disable him. Grunting and seething in agony, he forced his mind to focus. A soft golden glow spluttered to life in his hands, and with a growl from the Nord, the light flared, and the pain slowly faded. He raised his head, looking around. Golden grass and leaves on the trees....ah yes, Whiterun Hold. He looked to his right, and the sleek black shape of his war axe greeted him. He reached out towards it and feebly grabbed a hold of it, pulling it towards him. Realizing that he was fair game for anything that decided to take a bite, he stood up, wobbley on his feet, before he managed to steady himself.

"Ooooh...oww..." He muttered to himself, before he examined his surroundings again. He saw his fellow Nord lying farther away from the water, in the grass. "Oh no..." He stumbled over to her. Blood had shot out in several directions and formed a pool around her lifeless body. Scorch marks pockmarked her steel armor, but the fatal wound was a two-foot-long spike of ice had been shoved through her armor, up into her chest and through her heart. "No, no no..." Thelda, his best friend and (he even now felt flustered at the thought.) lover, was underneath the helmet, the armor, that had been destroyed. Not even Rilgumskar's most powerful restorative magics could bring her back now. Tears filled his eyes, and he lowered his head. He forced himself to swallow his grief until he got somewhere safe, and buried her. Feeling a searing pain in his throat as he forced himself into action, he tucked his axe into his belt, picked up Thelda's...body, and forged off for Whiterun, intending to find her a burial place there.

The sight that met him on the road was nothing short of grisly, but Rilgumskar did not care, especially given that the corpses strewn about were Thalmor...the same ones who so brutally murdered Thelda. The woman who appeared to have maimed these Elves so badly was simply sitting there and from what Rilgumskar could tell she was praying. "

"Excuse me M'aam..." He asked. "do you know of anywhere I can bury my dear friend here?" His voice cracked as he spoke.

Edited by Flipout6

Okuras had watched the heavily armored woman from afar....watched how she tore apart the ranks of the Thalmor. Her armor told the story of a knight, but her methods of combat suggested the style and brutality of a marauder - marauders not unlike those with whom the Argonian had worked not so long ago. Okuras's scaled lips pressed together, and she continued to observe the woman's actions as she knelt to pray after the battle was over. Then, a man began approaching from far off, carrying a bloody corpse. It seemed he paused as he saw the knightly woman. Were they together?

The Argonian glanced around. On the open plains of Whiterun, one could see enemies coming for miles. These two weren't necessarily vulnerable, here. Nevertheless, the Thalmor were incredibly active and openly seeking revenge in all of the provinces after the end of the Concordat. Okuras decided to make her presence known...and that she wasn't an enemy. Moving from behind the large boulder she had positioned herself near, the Argonian began casually strolling down the road to meet the two.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

"You will find no respite In Whiterun traveller, their hall is already full with the dead from the Thalmor's last attack." Sienna put simply as she arose to her feet. Her voice was old and wise, cold and blunt it was ever so slightly gravelly from her years of screaming commands in the midst of battle. Arising from the ground she pulled her blade out of the earth and flourished, laying it into the sheath on her back.

Her dark eyes drifted to the armoured body of the woman the Nord held in his arms, she could tell from his expression that this was not simply a kill he had made, nor a body he had uncovered, this was someone close to him. "There is a grove to the east in which I have seen many an unmarked grave, It is a resting place as any for your fallen." She nodded simply and turned her head, aware of the Argonian woman that approached. Caution was one virtue Sienna had never abandoned, and would certainly not loose it now.

Drawing Wrath once more, the blade shone with a deep red energy, pointing it at the woman "State your business, Warrior? Marauder? Adventurer? This man is seeking to bury he dead and desires no trouble." Her tone was not threatening, she simply wanted to make clear her intention for peace.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

"Thank you, Ma'am." Rilgumskar replied huskily, and went to turn away, before the sound of a blade being drawn struck his ears. His free hand began to subtly glow a soft blue, and he turned. An Argonian woman stood on the road, donned in heavy armor and hefting a battleaxe on her back, traits not often observed in Argonians. The elder Imperial woman's blade was clearly enchanted, and had a sinister appearance about it, which made Rilgumskar nervous, but he kept quiet about it.

He looked to the Argonian. "She's right. Not here for any trouble, just want to bury her." He indicated Thelda, and turned to walk away, following the directions given to him. Tears began leaking from his eyes, and he once again forced himself to swallow it for now.

Okuras held up her empty hands, choosing her words carefully, "My business is my own...but I am an enemy of the Thalmor, if it means anything to you."

It was obvious that the man was stricken with grief for his fallen comrade...perhaps it would be best if she just moved on. But something about the Imperial woman was magnetizing, and Okuras began to think it was coming from that wicked-looking blade.

"Then you are a friend of mine, blessings Argonian." Sienna withdrew the evil blade, sheathing it once more. She gestured to the Nord who had begun to walk off in the destination she provided "As you approached, perhaps it was company you sought?, if so, then accompany me as I deliver last-rites to the fallen, however unlikely it may be, there may be dangers on the short path ahead." Sienna smiled ever so slightly and turned to catch up with Rilgumskar.

"I can deliver her last rites, as a Knight of the Nine I know them well." Her voice was as cold as always but her words mirrored the countless soldiers she had lain to rest, and committed their souls to Aetherius. The grove was little more than ten minutes away from the road side, and was ever so slightly hidden by trees to provide a manner of privacy.

Felix chuckled, the thick crunching sound of a ripe apple revealed his presence to them, he sat on a rock above the path that the battle had begun in. In one hand he had a thick metal rod with intricate carvings all along it and a bright glowing crystal in the center and the other held a red apple. His hood was drawn over his face and his mouth. He stood to his feet and put his weight on the metal rod like a cane. The Nord man was downwind of him, he reeked of destruction magic and grief 'Odd...' He thought, 'I believe most Nords distrusted magic.' He smelled the slight fishy smell of an Argonian and the grinding sound of metal on metal told him the woman that claimed to be a Knight Of The Nine was indeed wearing armor and she also smelled of oil and hate.

'Knight Of The Nine... I do so love a woman in full plate armor.' He joked as he stood at the very tip of the rock above them. It was well over ten feet above their heads. He placed the baton in the sheath tied to his leg and effortlessly flipped off the rock and landed on his feet with a soft thud not far from the Knight. During his descent his hood had swept back and before he turned he drew it back over his face. He drew the rod again and tapped the stone path with it, the vibrations revealed the bodies around her. He clapped his hands in a very courtly fashion. 'Congratulations to the Knight for her excellent performance... wish I could have seen it in person. Out of curiosity why is such a crusader in these forbidden lands?' He asked honestly, it was not her sour demeanor that intrigued him but it was her cold hard stare and precision, she dispatched five Thalmor agents nearly effortlessly. One was even surrendering, a very un-knightly thing in his opinion but if it were anything other then Thalmor he would have thought her a lesser woman.

Felix tapped the road again and the darkness brought on his eyes vanished as for a few moments he saw the world in a clear state, the vibrations felt in the bottoms of his feet translating the world around him into pictures in his mind that allowed him to see, but for only a few seconds.

Edited by Macman253

Rilgumskar turned to Sienna and smiled slightly. "Could you? Thank you, I appreciate the gesture."

He eventually found the graveyard, taking a spade from the ground (sometimes these would be left behind on purpose.) and got to work, insisting he dig Thelda's grave himself, marking it as well as he could. It took quite a few minutes, but eventually he had a grave deep enough for his liking. He lamented the lack of a casket, but lowered Thelda's body into the grave anyway, crossed her arms over her chest, and buried her. He finished and took a step back.

"Now would be the time." He practically whispered, intending to say some final words after it was done.