Wisdom of the Ancestors - An Elder Scrolls RP

AurianaValoria1

Okuras had followed the knight and the Nord to the grove, and she paid little heed to the sudden arrival of a shadowy man...save to watch him in case he decided to cause trouble. She hung back farther than the others, leaning against one of the trees and crossing her arms atop her breastplate. Because of the funeral, she kept her silence out of respect for the dead.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was the day, the day Mendil would be officially become a working extension of House Redoran. A week ago it was decided by the council that he would be tasked with looking into the Thalmor threat in Skyrim, and today was they day he would leave Raven Rock for Windhelm. Clad in his full suit of bonemold armor, save the helmet which hung from his belt, Mendil made his way down to the docks to board the ship.

Arriving at the ship he found its nord crew and one extra passenger; one he had definitely seen before. This mer sitting here in chitin armor was none other than his childhood friend Udilin, who already knew of Mendil's journey and intended to join. No words were spoken, instead Mendil offered his friend a smile in appreciation of what he was doing; Udilin never really liked formal thanks anyhow, a trait he picked up from his Telvanni rolemodel, Neloth. He payed his fee to the captain, took his seat in the ship, and they departed soon after on the trip for Windhelm.

The sound of battle coming from ahead made her stop. Not being much of a fighter, Lelija jumped off her horse and hid behind the bushes. Once it gone quiet the thief continued her journey but this time on foot. Her 'aptly' named horse, Fluffly was not so anxious to move forward.

The sight of dead bodies always unnerved her but this time it was the group of armored people leaving the sight of the battle was what unnvered her. Were they mercanaries? "It is for the best to leave this place as soon as we can, Fluffly." She whispered to her horse as she looked at the bodies on the ground. Thalmor. Lelija never liked them, they were too arogant for her to like them. She'd rather share her food and drink with a group of bandits than spend one minute in a company of Thalmor agents.

"Oh well. It's not like they're care if I... relieve them of some valuables." The Bosmer thief thought as she started walking around the corpses and looking for items worth taking.

Sienna's face remained as hard as stone as the Imperial made a remark about his love for women in armour, keeping her blade down by her hip. She listened to his words, at first she had thought him to disbelieve her status as a Knight, but his genuine ask as to what she was doing so far away from Cyrodiil and the wayshrines of the Nine forced an answer. "That is a long, long tale full of violence, sorrow, and regret, and one that would require my trust as price for listening- Something you, have most certainly not earned." Sienna turned on her heel to follow Rilgumskar.

She stood with her arms crossed as the sorrowful man lowered the woman into the shallow grave, and bowed her head as covered her body with earth.

Walking over she knelt low to touch the patch, creating a ward that would keep out potential necromancers and grave robbers, forming a small small stone formation, tipped with the seal of the nine to appear, standing vigil over the spot.

She outstretched her arms as she began the rites:

"Grant this mercy, O Divines, we beseech Thee, to Thine servant departed, that she may not receive in punishment the requital of her deeds who in desire did keep Thine will, and as the true faith here united her to the company of the faithful, so may Thine mercy unite her above to the choirs of Aedra. Through Arkay our Lord. Amen." She bowed her head and stepped back, her rites completed, she sprinkled a dusting of golden magic over the grave to seal the blessing, and bowed her head as she stepped away, walking to stand near Okuras.

"It is a sorrow when any dies, more so when we see the sorrow on others. I shall purchase us each a drink upon arrival in Whiterun. Sienna, Knight Commander Sienna Strident, at your service." The aged woman extended her gauntleted hand, Daedric talons and all.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Felix bowed his head, he understood her reservation. His own history is very similar to hers so he withdrew his response. Nevertheless she interested him quite a lot. The Knights Of The Nine were practically extinct, most thought they were. His mind went back to his youth in the bedtime stories of Pelinal Whitestrake and his Knights Of The Nine. He respected the holy order and out of that respect he kept his silence while they said a prayer over the grave of the woman who died. He remained far enough away to not intrude but bowed his head and spoke a few silent words of prayer.

When the prayers were over he thought it best to stay, something told him he would be needed and until then he would make it his goal to earn his place. With Whiterun sacked and Thalmor forces scouring the countryside they would need every bit of help they could get.

The Argonian woman took the Imperial's hand and shook it firmly, "I am Okuras of Riften. Pleasure to meet you." Glancing to the other two men, she added, "And who are you?"

Felix smiled and bowed his head, he swept back his hood to reveal his blindfolded eyes. 'I am Felix, a pleasure.' He said with a bright smile, he raised his hand up near her face. 'May I? I shall like to know your face...' He asked. Being blind made it hard to get to know someone and despite his unique skills the details of the world are still blank to him. He never conquered the blindness that Nocturnal gave to him but he can atleast make the best of it.

"Thank you." Rilgumskar murmed to Sienna, before he turned around to face everybody. "Thanks for your help, and for respecting the....dead. I'm Rilgumskar, from Whiterun. And those damn Thalmor killed Thelda." He smiled just a tiny bit. "It's good to meet you, Okuras, and you, Felix. And I just might need that drink, Lady Sienna."

He paused for a second, and then decided to take the initiative. "I suppose..if there's nothing else, perhaps we should move to Whiterun. It will be best if we get there before dark. I can always visit her grave in the morning." He forced his grief back down his throat, and then spoke bitterly again. "Unless anybody else is going to die on us all of a sudden?" He held back his own anger, he didn't need to take it out on these people. "Sorry. I'll save it for those who deserve it. Let's go, I'm sure Whiterun needs all the healers it can get."

Edited by Flipout6

"If you must," Okuras trailed, her slitted, pale green eyes watching Felix warily. She assumed he had some sort of magic that allowed him to see temporarily. But assuming almost always led to problems.

The Argonian then glanced sideways at the Nord, "Rilgumskar...you are right. Whiterun has not fared well, or so I have heard. I tend to keep away from the cities, so things might have changed. But I doubt it."

"Then that's where I'm headed." Rilgumskar stated. "Not sure which of you will come along, but I won't force it on you."

With that, he left the graveyard, passing right by the bloody scene of battle. He did stop to talk to the Bosmer that was there, however. "Sorry to intrude, but it's dangerous out here. I'm heading to Whiterun, if you'd like to come along. Better two people out here than one. Your choice, but I need to be off. It'll be dark soon enough." He continued walking.

Whiterun was a mess. The previously-crumbling walls of the old city were scorched and dented, in some places entirely destroyed. Inside, buildings had been demolished, some of then clearly burned to the ground. Outside the gates was a pile of Altmer bodies, wearing the golden colours of the Thalmor, that nobody had bothered to light up yet. Rilgumkar remedied this, igniting it with a short burst of arcane fire with his hands. Once he got further into the town, it became evident that the only people in the streets were the guards.

"Where is everybody?" The Nord asked.

"The Jarl has ordered everyone inside Dragonreach. A lot are hurt, some homeless. If you can help, it would be appreciated."

"Thanks."

True to the guard's word, the entire population of the town seemed to have been placed within the palace. Consulting with some of the town priests, Rilgumskar learned where they were keeping the wounded- in the guards' barracks, where they were at least comfortable. He searched for it, finding it to be bustling with busy priests and Arcadia, the potion-brewer. Without asking anybody, Rilgumskar's hands began glowing with powerful restorative magic, and he slowly began to heal whomever he could, one by one.