FNVEdit active plugin list-missing plugins notation

wulvfen

Hello all

Been gone for a couple of months due to a major computer meltdown [i really hate electronics at times].

I've finally gotten my "Talkie-Toaster-Oven" computer back up and running and am now reinstalling my FONV with all the bells and whistles [FOMM, NVSE, etc., etc., etc.].

I've just installed and ran FNVEdit. All's good except that when I ran FNVEdit, I got a list of mods that were previously installed to my game prefixed by the phrase -

Note:Active plugin list contains nonexisting file "[Mod name]"

NONE of these mods are installed, just about everything had been deleted/wiped, so I can't figure out why this list is showing up. Just the base game and all DLC's are currently installed, so I know it's referencing old data but where is this list located?

I'm pretty sure it's not going to cause me any problems, and I will be installing some of these mods again, but right now I'd like to remove them so they don't show up every time I use FNVEdit.

I've searched my TTO-computer as best I can but I can't find anything. I've previously uninstalled-reinstalled-rebuilt FONV before [several times really] but this is the first time I've seen this notation show up.

My previous installs used "FNVEdit 3.0.26 Experimental" and as I'm always updating/upgrading I'm now using "FNVEdit 3.0.29 Experimental" to work with.

BTW, FNVEdit is an awesome tool and I love it, I'm just curious as to what's happening here.

Any ideas people?

Edited by wulvfen

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Run your mod manager - NMM or FOMM to update your plugins.txt file. FNVEdit only reads it. Does not update it.

I know this is an really old post, but I don't care. This is the only place where I might get a real answer. I'm getting the exact same problem as OP and have no idea how to "update your plugins.txt file."

In FOMM there is no option whatsoever to do this as far as I can tell.